close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What am I doing wrong???

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by gbpanther41, Jun 11, 2012.

1. gbpanther41

gbpanther41

So went out shooting this afternoon with a buddy and put about 50 rounds through my new 30SF. This is a new 30SF with a test fire date of February of this year. It does have the old -1 trigger bar. My buddy that I was shooting with had a new 30SF with the -1- trigger bar with a test fire date of March of this year. I have already emailed Glock and they assure me that I have the newest trigger bar with the -1. Here is my problem I had it happen 4 times on the last round where the gun just wouldn't go off. I would work the slide eject the last round put it back into the magazine work the slide and the gun would fire. Is this the return to battery issue that I have read about or is it something that I and doing wrong? I sent an email off to Glock prior to posting this. I bought this gun to be a concealed carry weapon as well as basic home protection so I really can't have issues should the need ever arise. I am seriously considering going to the local gun shop in the morning and trading it on a regular Glock 30 depending on what Glock writes back. I really don't want to deal with shipping the gun off to Glock and waiting around just to have them say there is nothing wrong with it or try some sort of fix. What is your advice?? :crying:

2. Quarter Tank

Quarter Tank

From a previous thread the new gen4 29 is out which means the 30 is also or very shortly to show up. Get your money back and then pick up the new G30.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

3. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

Is it going into battery, but perhaps you are not moving your finger far enough forward to reset the trigger?

Or is the slide getting hung up and not going home all the way into battery? If that is the problem, try:

-- cleaning the gun good and lubing the rails and around the barrel with a thin oil, such as Hoppes lubricating oil, or Remington lubricating oil.

-- hold the gun firmer, with a push/pull vise like hold on the grip.

-- try different ammo.

-- maybe the gun will break in on its own

-- look for a stronger recoil spring from Wolff Springs
    http://www.gunsprings.com/

-- see if the feed ramp needs polishing.

4. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Make sure you lube the slide rails (the grooves in the slide and even the 4 metal rails on the frame). Shoot another 300 rounds through it.

Then tell us what is going on.

Normally I would say that Glocks don't need a "break in" period. The FTRTB problem of the G30 guns is one slight exception (my G30SF did not have this problem). The trigger bar is lightly rubbing against the slide. You shoot it that many times... problem will be solved I believe.

Also.... not being fired before, the slide rails and slide need time to wear in and mate together. Oil helps too. The friction between those two areas also serve to slow the slide down just that extra little bit.

You can take a brand new G17 and rack the slide manually with your hand, then do the same with one that has 5,000 rounds or so on it and freshly oiled.... huge difference. The one that has been shot just feels smoother as it moves back and forth, less friction.

5. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

One of the last things my mother said to me before she died is, 'Son, you can't rely on other people to tell you the truth.' 'If it's important, you've got to be able to figure things out for yourself.' 'Simply putting your trust in someone else's advice is a sure recipe for failure.'

With the possible exception of politics I can think of no other organization to which my mother's advice is more relevant than Glock's Technical Support Department in Smyrna. In my experiences dealing with them all they're good for is free pens, key chains, and, 'lawn fertilizer'.

As near as I've been able to figure out (and it can be tough) the new G-30SF -1 trigger bars ARE the old -1- trigger bars. Which is NOT TO SAY that you have the correct trigger bar in your G-30SF. I agree with Deerslayer; I, also, think your slide is returning to battery. (Great news, huh!) The problem is that your present trigger bar - regardless of the part number - is too long for the pistol.

Get a new trigger bar; get several trigger bars; try them until you find one that works; and don't call Smyrna Tech Support, again. If those people actually knew what they're supposed to be doing they'd have real jobs and be working somewhere else. ;)

6. ca survivor

ca survivor

I can remember when Glocks only needed 5 drops of oil :rofl:

7. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

Do you mean: the trigger will not release the striker? Or something else.

8. TMNKWD

TMNKWD

When you say,

"the last round where the gun just wouldn't go off. I would work the slide eject the last round put it back into the magazine work the slide and the gun would fire."

what exactly do you mean?

Is everything on the gun stock, I mean everything?

9. gen2tegboi

gen2tegboi

Oh s*!# I just got a 30sf with a test fired date of March 08 2012 that has the -1 trigger bar. Am I F$&%#@?

10. scosgt

scosgt

The 30sf needs some minor polishing to make all problems disappear forever. Google is your friend. Thirty minutes and the gun becomes Glock Perfection

11. gen2tegboi

gen2tegboi

It's not Glock perfection if It's not perfect from factory. BTW where is the thread for the fix? I have not been able to find it on google, GT, etc? thanks