GlockTalk Forum banner

81 - 100 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I'm just starting to get BACK into reloading. Due to my job, over the last nearly 40 years, I got to shoot on somebody else's dime, so I didn't need to reload (except for some precision rifle). Recently I got a good deal on an RL550, plus all kinds of stuff to go with it. Additionally, some friends had relatives pass away, who reloaded. I was the recipient of a lot of accumulated "stuff". I have finally organized everything, and should be good on primers (10k SP, 6k SR) for a while. But I like to plan ahead.
So my question is this: ASSUMING everything goes back to normal next year, what should primer cost?

·
Registered
10,027 Posts

·
Preferred Pronouns: (It, Ya'll, Bruh)
2,813 Posts

·
Registered
34,829 Posts
I think tne new normal will be about $34-$35/k. The days of really cheap have gone, probably never to return.

·
Registered
10,027 Posts
They've been putting some inventory (mostly SPP) out there daily for the last week or so...but the 1K limit kills the hazmat deal. They still sell out even with the limit, though. Crazy.
It seems like it was just a few months back where suppliers were eating the HazMat fee. I should have saved one of the emails - maybe print it and hang it from the wall.

I won't be in the market for any supplies for a good long time. For whatever reason, we aren't shooting as often. Old age, I suppose... That, and I have a decent inventory.

Reactions: xTerpx

·
2,813 Posts
It seems like it was just a few months back where suppliers were eating the HazMat fee. I should have saved one of the emails - maybe print it and hang it from the wall.

I won't be in the market for any supplies for a good long time. For whatever reason, we aren't shooting as often. Old age, I suppose... That, and I have a decent inventory.
Yes, sir. I remember always receiving 'No Hazmat Sale' solicitations from Midway all the time...until I started to reload. Haven't seen one since. :)

Until the demand abates, I don't think we'll see that again for quite awhile still.

Speaking of Midway, Larry seems to push primer inventory live on the website a day or two AFTER the free shipping deals ends, so that's when to spam the F5 refresh for those still looking. :)

I think that's the only good thing to come out of all this...manufacturers are cranking out supply, retailers are selling reloading components hand over first, often with 3+ months backlog, and nearly 30 million new gun owners at last count, so all this helps support the industry...so long as America makes the right choices in the future.

·
Florida's Left Coast
9,102 Posts
Yes, sir. I remember always receiving 'No Hazmat Sale' solicitations from Midway all the time...until I started to reload. Haven't seen one since. :)
Ironic, ehh? :crying:

I think that's the only good thing to come out of all this...manufacturers are cranking out supply, retailers are selling reloading components hand over first, often with 3+ months backlog, and nearly 30 million new gun owners at last count, so all this helps support the industry...so long as America makes the right choices in the future.
if you are correct, manufacturers should be prepared to dump product on the market when Trump wins - guns, ammo, reloading components and gear. A great time to buy and STOCK UP FOR THE NEXT TIME! And there WILL be a next time. Won't happen though... guaranteed!!

·
Registered
666 Posts
We should be seeing foreign primers soon. S&B others have ramped up but shipping and making it through Customs takes time, some extra time with Covid.

I’m hoping shotshell primers come back in stock. Not many people reload shotshell but for some reason the Hoarders gobbled them up anyway. Hope they choke on ‘em.

·
Registered
34,829 Posts

·
TeamCarverMount
992 Posts
I donmt give a damn, what anyone says, Yes, it is a good thing to be prepaired! BUt everytime one of these thread come up, You always get one or more that dont want to blame hoarding, I call BS!
Yes horading is a part of it too, And anyone thast says not has his head in the sand. Every reloader Im know would love to be sitting on 10 mto 20k primers right now, NUt many of us ,JUst dont have the funds to sit and watch the net 24/7 and buy buy as soon as we see primers come avalible, or have to work a jopb, and dont have the time to go by every LGS between work and home everyday.
When I was inot shooting GSSF 7 to 8 matches a year, and Steel challenge and other matches,Back when I was single, I too would be found sitting on 10k primers, 10 to 15lbs powder!
And I still love to load and shoot ,just not as much as I was shooting competition! But ,I like most have to prioritize my money each month.
I guess everyone on here that talks about finding 5000 primers and then brags about having 10k at home well, more power to you,whoever you are.
You also have to include all the new reloaders that camew about in the last few months, everyone says supply and demand, yes thats part of it, But everytime I go to the LGS Academy, Sportsmans warehouse, PSA , I see lines of people, buying guns, ammo if they can find it,hell you can even find a 9mm ammo storage box at sportsmans, People are uncertian, about the coming election and they are panic buying as much as they can!
SO you say supply and demand, yes the demand is there ,But the supply is lacking!
Now if it comes down to it ,I can still shoot as much as I like, I have a good supply of percussion caps, wads,powder and lead for my Ruger Old army cap and ball revolver
So dont say that hoarding isnt part of it, if you think that then Ive got oceanfront property in S,Dakota I want to sell you!
PS now let the ranting begin,I know its coming,But I dont give a Rats Ass,because Im tired of hearing all the BS
If everyone is that scared of Biden then just vote and keep him out of the Whitehouse !!!

·
TeamCarverMount
992 Posts
Now I see why I stopped coming to GT as much as I did when I was shooting copetitive!

Reactions: Jack Ryan

·
TeamCarverMount
992 Posts
Hoarding is an excessive accumulation of something-anything
All I see at my range are people who have so much and want more and more, beyond what they can reasonably use absent the apocalypse
AMEN !!

·
2,813 Posts
I donmt give a damn, what anyone says, Yes, it is a good thing to be prepaired! BUt everytime one of these thread come up, You always get one or more that dont want to blame hoarding, I call BS!
Yes horading is a part of it too, And anyone thast says not has his head in the sand. Every reloader Im know would love to be sitting on 10 mto 20k primers right now, NUt many of us ,JUst dont have the funds to sit and watch the net 24/7 and buy buy as soon as we see primers come avalible, or have to work a jopb, and dont have the time to go by every LGS between work and home everyday.
When I was inot shooting GSSF 7 to 8 matches a year, and Steel challenge and other matches,Back when I was single, I too would be found sitting on 10k primers, 10 to 15lbs powder!
And I still love to load and shoot ,just not as much as I was shooting competition! But ,I like most have to prioritize my money each month.
I guess everyone on here that talks about finding 5000 primers and then brags about having 10k at home well, more power to you,whoever you are.
You also have to include all the new reloaders that camew about in the last few months, everyone says supply and demand, yes thats part of it, But everytime I go to the LGS Academy, Sportsmans warehouse, PSA , I see lines of people, buying guns, ammo if they can find it,hell you can even find a 9mm ammo storage box at sportsmans, People are uncertian, about the coming election and they are panic buying as much as they can!
SO you say supply and demand, yes the demand is there ,But the supply is lacking!
Now if it comes down to it ,I can still shoot as much as I like, I have a good supply of percussion caps, wads,powder and lead for my Ruger Old army cap and ball revolver
So dont say that hoarding isnt part of it, if you think that then Ive got oceanfront property in S,Dakota I want to sell you!
PS now let the ranting begin,I know its coming,But I dont give a Rats Ass,because Im tired of hearing all the BS
If everyone is that scared of Biden then just vote and keep him out of the Whitehouse !!!
...but you have time to write multiple posts (all laden with negativity) on GT ranting about why you left GT and your disdain for people who have more primers than you. Interesting.

·
Registered
14,150 Posts
Me too. I shot my Remington New Army and 1851 Colt Navy today.

I have a ton of components for that gun. It’s not very high volume so it goes a long way.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I like the 1851 Navy, but I prefer the 1860 Army. To me that is the prettiest handgun ever made.
I have a third model Dragoon that I need to break out again. I love that pistol, but I really miss my "Old Army" which I stupidly traded for something I ended up never using, about 35 years ago.

·
TeamCarverMount
992 Posts
Mime is a Ruger old army, stainless!
Im thinking of getting a couple more cylinders for it from Ruger

·
Registered
34,829 Posts
Looking at this post, I'd say it was you that was dictionary challenged.

:kidding:
You fail to understand what hoarding means. Nothing left to say really. Whinners shouting "hoarders". Best you got is spell check? Please.:nutcheck:

81 - 100 of 158 Posts