What about the Honda Ridgeline?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Jump, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Jump

Jump

I own a 2014 F150 Limited. The truck has the 22 inch pimp rims and gives a very harsh ride. I’ve been thinking about a Ridgeline; I drove one and like the quality of the ride. I think it would do everything I need a truck to do. I’m 65 and slowing down on hauling lots of sheetrock, plywood, etc.

Does anyone own a Ridgeline and if so, do you like it? What do you not like about it?

Thanks in advance,

Jump

2. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

You're going to get a good portion of crap from the ignorati because it is unibody and not frame-on. HH

3. pgg00

pgg00

I'll start :D

These Are Trucks.jpg

4. ruffhunter

ruffhunter

get rid of those low profile, ghetto wheels, thats your harsh ride! plenty of factory wheels on craigslist. I had a 2013 stx with factory 18in and it rode great. My buddy has an 07 ridgeline. rear seat is surprisingly roomy. Not a real 4x4 system, but itll get you by.

shadowgunner9 and 'Ol Grandad like this.
  5. helidude350

helidude350

I liked my 2010 Honda Fit.
    Roomy inside. Handled good with the 16” wheels. Good on gas. 6 foot plus people fit in the back seat. Manual shift.
    Rear seats fold flat for cargo. Better than the Versa hatchback that I traded for it.

The 2014 civic, not so much. It was an ok car if you were the only one on the road. Throttle response and transmission response didn’t translate well when reacting to others on the road. For example; if I wanted to change lanes or merge in traffic, when I stepped on the gas the car wouldn’t go . When the throttle and transmission finally made it move, the hole I was going for was gone. I drove old Uhaul trucks that reacted quicker.

The ridge line is not a truck. Barely looks like one.
    I think it shares the same drive train as the van.

My relatives have one of those vans. Lots of problems.

Scotty Kilmer has a couple YouTube videos about them.

Some cars are mostly great but have one or two major flaws that make them a bad deal.

I had considered a ridge line myself previously. Poor gas mileage and higher price didn’t work for me. The “truck “ utility wasn’t there. For the mileage and price an actual truck makes more sense.

For that alone, I would skip it.

If the truck isn’t giving you problems, just swap the wheels and tires to something that suits you, and maybe a new seat cushion.

To me, buying a new car because you don’t like the hubcaps on your old one is just silly.

My retired uncle sounded like he was trying to convince himself that he got a good deal trading his small truck for some suv thing. Said he didn’t want to put tires and brakes on it. ( he wouldn’t have been doing the actual work)

Kinda like trading it in when the gas was empty if you ask me.

I don’t like car salesmen either. If I want somebody to take my money and tell me lies to make me happy, I will just go to a titty bar. Much cheaper and I don’t feel like I got screwed after.

varget, PhotoFeller, treg and 3 others like this.
  6. TexasRonin

TexasRonin

The first generation Ridgelines have a cult like following, some people love them.

I researched them before but never bought due to the high resale value.

The 2nd generation seems nice too, it's rated at 19 city 26 hwy, not bad for a truck (or truck like vehicle depending on how anal you are).

Here's a couple of links for ya.

Honda:
    https://shop.honda.com/ridgeline.as...NcXnwmD24QEgO5gOhu8aAsfVEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

2nd Gen Ridgeline forum
    https://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/138-second-generation-ridgeline-2g-2017/

7. helidude350

helidude350

3221759D-D4A9-4F73-9EB8-4F2E69ECC90C.jpeg I actually recommend one of these “Toyota “ trucks. Bj Baldwin drives one.

I think you will find it has a softer ride than that new ford that Ken Block drives.

Plenty of videos on YouTube of both.
    Either will run circles around the ridge line.

Ramjet38 and AdamRodgers like this.
  8. Ftttu

Ftttu

I was getting gas today, and I started talking to a guy gassing up his Ridgeline next to me. He told me his buddies give him hell about his 'truck', but he and his wife are very happy after about 2 years of ownership. He told me several things he was happy with, but the only thing he complained about was not having air conditioned seats, which are sold only up in Canada for some reason instead of in the States.

I think it is more capable as a truck than most people need. Also, I wouldn't doubt more would sell if it didn't appear you would have to turn in your man card when you purchase one.

G19Cfan likes this.
  9. dudel

dudel

We have one, a 2017. Sheets of plywood fit flat in the bed. Dual operating tail gate is great. Trunk under the bed is great. We have the hard bed cover, so plenty of secure space. Flat floorboards and flip up rear seats give you lots of interior space. We got 33+ mpg on a trip from san Antonio to Dallas. Very comfortable ride. High resale value. Only negative, is the GPS screen is a fingerprint magnet; solved with a piece of plastic.

If your manhood is determined by what you drive, you have bigger problems.

10. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

The Ridgeline is built on the Odyssey (sp) chassis so not a a real type truck but if it will do what you want and you like it then go for it.

11. NWPA

NWPA

Kinda girly

12. kiole

kiole

Honda Ridgeline...

[​IMG]

Not my cup of tea, but people I know who own them are happy with their purchase.

vikingsoftpaw, AdamRodgers and pgg00 like this.
  13. dudel

dudel

I believe it's built on the Pilot chassis. Interior shares lots of parts with the Pilot. Odyssey not so much.

14. powernoodle

powernoodle

Yes. Those are the true ignoranti.

It depends on what one wants to do with the truck. If its to haul 10 bags of mulch and a 90 gallon trash container, that the Ridgeline would be awesome. Not so much for gravel, concrete blocks or pulling a gooseneck trailer.

Since Jump says he is in the former category, the Ridgeline could be a good choice. Honda (arguably) beats all "domestic" manufactures in quality and longevity. I think the current flavor is made in Alabama.

Jump, dudel and G17Jake like this.
  15. roger123

roger123

7C79E868-1539-4A1C-9294-4BE52FDAEF29.jpeg Damn girly man truck, lol.

16. snappy

snappy

Go drive one and if you like the ride and the truck itself I say buy it. Doesn’t matter if the folks on here like it or not, they won’t be driving it, you will. I’ve never driven one personally but I like about anything Honda.

Lockback, gibbs and Ross-in-Pa like this.
  17. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Sigh...

If you drive a lifted truck and don't take it off-road it's a "pavement princess" and you're gay.

If you drive a truck and you aren't hauling anything you're truck is also a "pavement princess" and you're even gayer.

If you drive a truck with your mirrors extended and you aren't towing anything, you're gay.

If you drive a Ford you're gay and you're probably the girl in the relationship.

If you drive a Chevy you're supporting Obama's bailout and that's gay.

If you drive a Dodge you're gay and it sucks because it's a Chrysler product, which makes you even gayer.

If you drive a Toyota you're still gay just because some dumbass on the internet thinks it's gay.

If you drive a Jeep Wrangler and you have a dick, you're gay because it's a girl's car and that makes you really gay.

badge315, DoubleWide, Rizzo and 23 others like this.
  18. Brovold

Brovold

Got a '17 and love it. Hauls full sheets of plywood, tows 5000 lbs, groceries go in the trunk, mileage is good and the all wheel drive works great. I live in Minnesota where you actually use 4wd and it works just fine and I don't have to engage it when I want to use it because it is always available. At 280 hp the power is good and the handling can beat just about any "real" truck on the road. Even my brother in laws (GM and Ford fanatics) can't get over how smooth and quiet it is on the road.

heavyduty, treg, GVIFlyer and 2 others like this.
  19. BuckeyeGlock77

BuckeyeGlock77

I purchased a 2019 three months ago - came from a 16 F150 Platinum.

I’m extremely pleased with it - catch all kinds of crap from my family on it, but the reality is the thing does everything I need to with it.

The dual function of the tailgate is quite handy, and that built in trunk is extremely handy.

I’m getting 23-25 MPG and the ride is nice. I went with the Black Edition. It’s got just the right amount of features, as I’m in the mode of less is more.

Liked my Platinum, but way too many things to go wrong (expensively) over time. The other plus is it’s a Honda and should run for a long time.

I think you’ll be very satisfied with it.

ZekerMan, Jump, dudel and 1 other person like this.
  20. Tickhill

Tickhill Eternity: Smoking or Non-Smoking

I think it would depend on what you plan on using it for.
    My uncle bought one and absolutely loves it, he hauls small things in the bed but also likes the fuel mileage and the in-cab storage capacity.
    I agree, go drive one and see.
    Good luck with your selection.

Wizzz and Jump like this.