What About the Health Care Professionals (Blue Label)

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 5.4 Shelby, Mar 28, 2020.

1. 5.4 Shelby

5.4 Shelby

That is why I am asking. If for being armed is required for the job, then it should only be LEO and security. Military are armed as needed by the military. Judges, FF, EMT, paramedics aren't armed on duty. So then, is it to recognize and appreciate the public servants? If so, why not health care personnel?

nursetim and KY Moose like this.
  2. 5.4 Shelby

5.4 Shelby

It is not really about the discount. At least not for me. I already have GSSF discount. Sure, I would like to see it extended to the nurses and others that want to be armed. We all know there are less expensive options out there, but, why not arm them with Glock Perfection.

3. ranger1968

ranger1968

Wayyyyyy down South, shootin' stuff and Jeeping!
    Everybody gets a trophy.....

4. 5.4 Shelby

5.4 Shelby

Not really. For your every day family doc, yes, you can choose. But, you come into the hospital with a gunshot to the chest or infection on your heart valve or with a drug overdose, etc, etc, etc, you get whoever is on duty at the time. And those situations often involve unhappy people. Although usually benign, threats are often made in the heat of their distress.

nikerret likes this.
  5. Small_Axe

Small_Axe

Again, view the BLP for what it is: product placement. Glock is about selling Glocks. Not "honoring heros" or "backing the blue". Remove the emotion and you'll see it's about dollar signs. Not a slam on the company, just my no-BS assessment of fact.

nursetim and CanyonMan like this.
  6. Komatsu61

Komatsu61

^^ If everyone gets thier participation ribbon, Glock doesn't turn a profit. Or at least not a big enough one, then who gets charged more for thiers?

7. 5.4 Shelby

5.4 Shelby

And a very valid one.

I am not emotional about it at all. I just brought it up for discussion. It has been a good way to kill the time while I am not at work. I couldn't buy one, discounted or not, right now anyway. My LGS are all bone dry aside from oddball or very expensive guns.

I think this has been more fun than arguing over whether or not the G44 is reliable and if the Sig is better than the Glock....

nursetim, Rocky7 and SARDG like this.
  8. Chowser

Chowser

I don't recall anyone from Glock corporate being on this forum.

But back to the subject at hand.
    The blue label program is for whoever Glock wants it to be for. If everyone asked them to include their group then they need to just charge that price for everyone, then everyone will be happy and no more blue label program?

9. 835mag

835mag

A lot of us have dangerous important jobs. Where do you draw the line? I think if carrying a weapon with a good possibility of taking fire isn’t part of your job description then forget it. You don’t deserve a break. IMHO it should be LE/military only. Period.

cciman and Chowser like this.
  10. SARDG

SARDG Florida's Left Coast

You won't find the screen name of "Glock, Inc." or anything else relating directly to Glock, Inc, but I can assure you that some significant Glock employees read GlockTalk.

Hopefully, not too much of General Glocking as that would drive anyone batty.

5.4 Shelby likes this.
  11. nursetim

nursetim

12. ducati

ducati

I have a problem with this nurse thing. I am, as is my wife, a nurse. When you enter this field you are aware of the risk. Just like a police officer, did that for 10 years, and military, did that for 4 yrs. We as nurses have jobs at this time, others do not. This is one of my rewards. I keep seeing nurses wanting their student loans forgiven, who doesn't. My wife and I paid ours off within 2 yrs. Nurses you take the loans, you pay them off. I do not want the brick mason, warehouse worker, lineman, or machine operator paying for loans they did not take.
    Oh yea I would like the nurse who stole an entire case of masks to return them.

JimWillson and CanyonMan like this.
  13. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

nursetim, ask me to:
    Please elucidate. Had to run look that word up!

It's clear enough man...! No need to debate. Anyone, everyone, in the Medical profession, as a nurse, a Doctor, ER, Military and civilian, who is in the middle of the "mix," dealing with the recent 'Plague,' walks through Hell's gate every morning and night!

We respect, and pray for them ALL! Also "for the military, Leo's and first responders of ALL kinds.."

CanyonMan
    :horse:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    Petdoc, Wurger, ducati and 1 other person like this.
  14. nursetim

nursetim

So no answer as to what your wife does, ok, just curious.

15. cciman

cciman

There is risk and anxiety that one perceives. Some people feel risk, anxiety, and fear getting out of bed--
    The risk of me ever needing to use my gun, because of being a healthcare worker, is so low, that it is unrealistic and laughable.

My job as a medical professional is nowhere near the risk of LEO needing a sidearm (I think military is even a far stretch in a civilian environment).

I will also go out on another limb, and say that most gun owners/buyers are not sufficiently trained to be be qualified to operate that weapon. It would be scary to know the actual numbers of how many LEO (outside of special units) don't train or sustain their skills either.

Grease Gunner and 835mag like this.
  16. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

What does it matter? My wife places herself in harms way, as many others in the medical profession, military, and Leo's, and first responders do everyday, of which, "we also proudly have ALL this, in our family," serving others. Is this not enough?

CM
    :horse:

17. SARDG

SARDG Florida's Left Coast

I love to tell the story of how I carried a 1911 in the Navy, when on watch, for 3 years. Never qualified on it, never shot it, never removed it from the holster. When I came on watch, the Petty Officer of the Watch would take off the gun belt and give it to me, and then I did the same with the next POOW at the end of my watch. And so it continued for 3 years... never qualifying or shooting the weapon on my side.

I had already been shooting competition for 2 years before the Navy, but it's terrifying to think of the civilians, LEOs, and military who simply do not significantly train with the guns they own or carry - some on a daily basis.

CanyonMan and mmcbeat like this.
  18. mmcbeat

mmcbeat

I guess there must have been a shortage of M16’s when I was drafted. I trained with an M14. When I got to Vietnam I was issued an M16, never having fired one. OJT!

SARDG likes this.
  19. 5.4 Shelby

5.4 Shelby

Like that post. A lot.

CanyonMan likes this.
  20. cciman

cciman

In most tactical schools I have attended, the sad truth is the the civilians paying for the classes far outnumber the LEO's about 5 to 1. One school actually told me that even when the departments sponser the tactical classes for LEO, very few will give up their own time to attend.

Very Scary, but fact...please refute with numbers, post them up, to reassure us, if you have them....the civvies attending these class often will be better trained than the general force in their community. Certainly there are exceptions, but the smaller LEO departments have better activity in training- perhaps because they don't have special units to respond, and have to do it all, but also because they have more time with less bureaucracy, and less BS work.

Obviosly by most LE trade-in, carried much, but shot little. Now ultimatly, that is not saying much for the civvies either, because the ones that train properly only represent a small tiny fraction of those that actually have CCW.

Back to the OP topic-- No I don't
    think EMT, fireman, healthcare professionals should get a discount on Glocks....and I am a healthcare/medical professional. We are not LEO, and should not think nor act like such.

835mag likes this.