close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What a way to spend a lunch break.

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by BamaTrooper, Feb 3, 2010.

1. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

:supergrin: even us office guys can get in on the action.

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/02/motorcyclist_arrested_after_ch.html

Motorcyclist who led troopers on high-speed chase arrested in beauty salon
    By Mark R. Kent
    February 03, 2010, 7:03PM

Jason HartleyMOBILE, Ala. -- A 22-year-old motorcyclist led Alabama State Troopers on a chase from Theodore to west Mobile today before being arrested in a beauty salon rest room, authorities said.

Jason Hartley of Mobile was charged with reckless endangerment and attempting to elude police, trooper spokesman Cpl. Steve Smith said. Additionally, Smith said Hartley was given citations for speeding, driving with a suspended license and driving without insurance.
    Hartley was in Mobile County Metro Jail Wednesday evening on bail totaling $2,000, jail records show.

Smith said a state troopers spotted a motorcycle about 12:20 p.m. going east on Interstate 10 near the U.S. 90 Theodore exit, traveling in excess of 110 mph.

When the motorcyclist refused to stop, troopers pursued him into Mobile, where he wrecked the motorcycle at Cottage Hill and Azalea roads. Smith said. The motorcyclist then ran, Smith said.

A tip led troopers and Mobile police to the Studio Infinity beauty salon, where Hartley was arrested inside the salon's rest room, Smith said. He said the elapsed time of the chase and arrest was about half an hour.

Smith said no one was injured during the incident.

Afterwards, he thanked me for not PITing him from the front when I was trying to block him on one of the smaller streets.
    Not in the story, he had just finished year one of a 5 suspended for 5 of supervised probation on a felony marijuana possession conviction. Seeing as his PO and I are FOP lodge members, I just happened to know how to get in contact with her and extend his stay in the Sheriff's B&B.

2. golden_eagle

golden_eagle

How did that new car hold up????

3. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

You're an office guy?

4. p.d.

p.d.

Hassling a guy just because he's late for his pedicure ain't right! :rofl:

5. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

The new car held up fine. Runs a lot stronger than my 02 did.

Yeah, I am an office guy right now :yawn:, Post Commander for the DL testing unit covering 4 offices in south AL, but I try to make sure my time out of th eoffice is productive:supergrin:.

6. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

About damn time you did something, lol