Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had Jackson Hewitt do my taxes today and the chick asked me if I had spent any money on higher education, I asked her if The school of hard knocks counted. She said it didn't, what a crock:upeyes::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
30,883 Posts
But if you can show losses from that school they might count.

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
30,883 Posts

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
The crock it that you paid someone to help you with a 1040-EZ. You should have been able to do that yourself in about 15 minutes Okie.

Next year, if you need help, I'll help you and save you some bucks. :wavey:

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The crock it that you paid someone to help you with a 1040-EZ. You should have been able to do that yourself in about 15 minutes Okie.

Next year, if you need help, I'll help you and save you some bucks. :wavey:
Last year I was going to use Turbo Tax and was having problems with it, they were going to get my a little over 500 bucks back, but since I was having trouble my return wouldn't go through, so I did it myself. I was only going to get back 78 bucks.:shocked::faint:

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
Last year I was going to use Turbo Tax and was having problems with it, they were going to get my a little over 500 bucks back, but since I was having trouble my return wouldn't go through, so I did it myself. I was only going to get back 78 bucks.:shocked::faint:
There isn't much 'tweaking' to be done on a simple 1040-EZ Okie. It is what it is. Just pick up the forms and do it by hand if that's easier for you. It's free!

·
Some Dude
7,981 Posts
The EZ is....easy....just list and subtract.

You can do it!! :rofl:

:wavey:

red

·
Registered
383 Posts
The most important question if I were your tax man.........."Do you have a diploma from the "School of Hard Knocks"?????

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There isn't much 'tweaking' to be done on a simple 1040-EZ Okie. It is what it is. Just pick up the forms and do it by hand if that's easier for you. It's free!
I would rather get back 500+ dollars, then do it myself and get back only 78 dollars:supergrin:

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The most important question if I were your tax man.........."Do you have a diploma from the "School of Hard Knocks"?????
Yes I do:supergrin::rofl:

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The EZ is....easy....just list and subtract.

You can do it!! :rofl:

:wavey:

red
I know it's easy, I did it my self for many years, I would rather get back 500 buck than 78 bucks though:supergrin:

·
GET A ROPE!
37,372 Posts
I still have ten bazillion CEU (Continuing Education Units) from being forced to attend dumb seminars back the in 80s and 90s.

Can I deduct them, ya think?

:cowboy:

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
Okie, like I said before, It's cut & dry. There is no magic in Turbo Tax. Your filing is very simple. If you got 500.00 back from Turbo Tax and only 78.00 on your own, it was because of a math error that would have been caught anyway.

What did it cost you to have your taxes done?

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Okie, like I said before, It's cut & dry. There is no magic in Turbo Tax. Your filing is very simple. If you got 500.00 back from Turbo Tax and only 78.00 on your own, it was because of a math error that would have been caught anyway.

I have boon using TT but last year they were having some kind of problem and I couldn't get my tax for submitted, so I went to JH and they got me back enough more over TT that it paid for me to use JH, so I went back to JH, but I didn't know they had raised there price big time, so I should have tried TT, but hindsite is better than foresight:supergrin::embarassed:

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

142.00:shocked::faint::embarassed:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts