Glock Talk banner

What’s your EDC gun?

6890 Views 163 Replies 129 Participants Last post by  BCC73
I started a similar thread in the Glock section and figured I would do the same in this section of the forums. I switch between my Glock 43x and my Kimber Micro 9 nightfall for my EDC’s.

Wood Mobile phone Everyday carry Font Rectangle
Wood Rectangle Hardwood Auto part Metal
141 - 160 of 164 Posts

· Registered
10,352 Posts
Decided to drag the P2000 out of the back of the safe for the last range trip and I’ll be darned if I didn’t shoot it so we’ll I’ve been carrying it for a few days. Normally I’m just not great with it’s LEM trigger (it’s not a Glock, yet it’s not a DA and it throws me off) but for whatever reason right now I’m dead on with it slow or rapid fire. Maybe it’s the dry fire with a DA I’ve picked up doing more regular again, maybe it’s range time with the 365xl as primary over my normal Glocks or 1911s.

Dunno, but I’m enjoying it.

Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory Electric blue Everyday carry

(but it currently has Talon Pro grip tape on it)

· Registered
756 Posts
Decided to drag the P2000 out of the back of the safe for the last range trip and I’ll be darned if I didn’t shoot it so we’ll I’ve been carrying it for a few days. Normally I’m just not great with it’s LEM trigger (it’s not a Glock, yet it’s not a DA and it throws me off) but for whatever reason right now I’m dead on with it slow or rapid fire. Maybe it’s the dry fire with a DA I’ve picked up doing more regular again, maybe it’s range time with the 365xl as primary over my normal Glocks or 1911s.

View attachment 1155130
Very nice!! My favorite HK for EDC! Great Goldilocks offering from my beloved HK! Nice job with the magazine/bullet placement too for the pic!😉

· Registered
10,352 Posts
Very nice!! My favorite HK for EDC! Great Goldilocks offering from my beloved HK! Nice job with the magazine/bullet placement too for the pic!😉
My only problem with it is I kinda wish it was DA/SA since I have typically shot my HK45c better, but maybe I’m finally turning the corner on getting accustomed to the LEM.

Reactions: Jslow

· Registered
756 Posts
My only problem with it is I kinda wish it was DA/SA since I have typically shot my HK45c better, but maybe I’m finally turning the corner on getting accustomed to the LEM.
It takes time to get really familiar with the LEM. It took me a good month (so about 5 range trips) to get the “hang/feel” of it. Once I did… SOLD! I’ll take it (especially light LEM) over a DA/SA or even striker any day of the week. But, not for everyone and as I said. It takes a bit of time.

· Registered
10,352 Posts
It takes time to get really familiar with the LEM. It took me a good month (so about 5 range trips) to get the “hang/feel” of it. Once I did… SOLD! I’ll take it (especially light LEM) over a DA/SA or even striker any day of the week. But, not for everyone and as I said. It takes a bit of time.
Yeah, I’ve had this one for a while and shot it a bit in the summer, maybe 500 rounds, with quite a bit of dry fire but I think maybe it’s just starting to click.

I will say it’s double action pull has been my favorite dry fire tool, so heavy but still smooth. Guess if im carrying this one the HK45c will have to be my dry fire gun for a while.

Reactions: Jslow

· Registered
2,241 Posts
Alternate between a Sig P365 and a Sig P229. Ammunition is the same, Federal HST 124 grain.
This is also my setup, for most of the year is the P365 but that’s just because of the weather in central Texas. When I wear two layers, it’s either a 229 or the HK P30 with the same manual of arms.

· Registered
1,447 Posts
Hmmm. I’d like to say that it’s one of my Glocks, but the truth is that either my J-Frame or my Kel-Tec P11 get the call most often. I’ve had both a long time and find both to be a good compromise between weight and firepower. The P11 uses a more powerful cartridge/better sights/higher capacity, but the M638 has a better trigger and a larger selection of carry methods. The Glocks and magnums are for home, the field, or in the event I must enter a sketchy area. My BUGs are just that…back-ups. With the exception of a really pretty Uberti SAA revolver, all my handguns have a job.

· Registered
5,604 Posts
Are you able to find Remington 140 gr SJHP for reloading? I thought Remington discontinued them years ago. Maybe I'm wrong. What's your source??
The 140s are no longer being made, I did a bulk purchase some years ago. I also like to load Winchester and Nosler 158gr JHPs for ranch carry.

· Super Moderator
Glock 45/19X
10,929 Posts

View attachment 1155130
Looks familiar :). Glad you’re enjoying it (y)

Reactions: jr24

· Super Moderator
Glock 45/19X
10,929 Posts
Sig P365 XL for my EDC. Occasionally the LCP Max if I want to go as minimal as possible.

Reactions: kahrcarrier

· Registered
10,352 Posts

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
Received the Braids leather holster I ordered for my Glock 48 off of Amazon for $40 and I must say, I am impressed with their quality and after I did my usual leather holster break by putting my pistol in a plastic bag and leaving it in the holster overnight, the pistol fits perfectly. This is a nice Leather IWB holster and doesn't dig into my skin like my Kydex IWB holster does.

Brown Wood Everyday carry Fashion accessory Bag
Bag Wood Luggage and bags Sleeve Everyday carry

· Registered
39,708 Posts

View attachment 1155130
Nice homage to the older pic of the HK magazine with backwards round. ;)

· Registered
687 Posts
Can't see much reason to carry anything else over the G19 - 16 rounds is a lot of comfort, in a balanced size vs weight package.
Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Nobody inside a car, or behind car doors is safe from this round.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Product Microphone Metal Gun accessory Audio equipment
Ammunition Amber Bullet Gun accessory Metal

I love the G43 DIY model since we here in CA couldn't get the factory version and now can't get the DIY version..., but 6+1? Not even happening. Plus it's 9mm.
Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
Can't see much reason to carry anything else over the G19 - 16 rounds is a lot of comfort, in a balanced size vs weight package.
View attachment 1156119
Nobody inside a car, or behind car doors is safe from this round.
View attachment 1156120

View attachment 1156121 View attachment 1156122
I love the G43 DIY model since we here in CA couldn't get the factory version and now can't get the DIY version..., but 6+1? Not even happening. Plus it's 9mm.
View attachment 1156123

I also liked the G19 as a EDC, by my G48 is the same size only thinner and lighter to carry all day and 10+1 is more than adequate for my self defense needs and I always carry an extra mag.

· Registered
10,352 Posts
I also liked the G19 as a EDC, by my G48 is the same size only thinner and lighter to carry all day and 10+1 is more than adequate for my self defense needs and I always carry an extra mag.
Yeah, with the 365xl with the 15 round mag it’s much the same. Same size but thinner and I personally shoot them awfully close to the exact same.

Reactions: bakron1 and Tuscany

· Registered
6,098 Posts
Here in Florida I do a lot of pocket carry.
It used to be an LCP but for a few years now it’s a Kimber micro.380.
I also had the 1st Gen Shield for whenever I decided I wanted a little more gun for IWB.

Then the Sig P365 came along and had me thinking that it could replace both my EDCs and double as a pocket gun or IWB with 12 rd mag.
Well it didn’t work out so great most of the time for pocket carry unless I was wearing cargo shorts.
Thankfully I kept the Kimber micro but I did trade that Shield for the P365.
I recently sold the P365 and replaced it with a Shield. This time the Plus!
These 2 choices will serve me well IMO.

If I want even more gun I have a PSA Dagger too.

141 - 160 of 164 Posts