Glock Talk banner

What’s your EDC gun?

6890 Views 163 Replies 129 Participants Last post by  BCC73
I started a similar thread in the Glock section and figured I would do the same in this section of the forums. I switch between my Glock 43x and my Kimber Micro 9 nightfall for my EDC’s.

Wood Mobile phone Everyday carry Font Rectangle
Wood Rectangle Hardwood Auto part Metal
121 - 140 of 164 Posts

· Registered
39,708 Posts
Well, since I'm no longer carrying an active badge (expecting to actively intervene, in whatever manner, when encountering on-view criminal activities), my EDC self-defense retirement CCW choices have shifted from my bevy of full-size, compact and subcompact 9's, .40's & .45's, to my bevy of S&W J-frame snubs and a couple of Ruger LCP's.

I prefer the J-frames for the bullet weight options (being heavier than the .380's), and having the option of using .357MAG, versus standard .38SPL or .38SPL +P, is sometimes a handy option.

When I do decide to belt on one of my previous off-duty belt guns, it's more the size/weight that drives the choice for the day/night, and not so much caliber, capacity or make/model.

Even if I'm not carrying the 'belt guns' so often anymore, they still see their fair share of range time when I schedule range dates at my former agency range. Gotta keep the rust/dust off after all those years of running them when serving as a firearms instructor & armorer. :)

The J's typically require more of the shooter (especially if using +P and .357MAG), so one or more of them almost always get taken for range drills practice and quals. Besides, I've always found them enjoyable to shoot, as an older revolver user (on & off-duty), and they keep me on my toes, basics and skills-wise.

· I don't even know....what I'm doing here....
10,221 Posts
I've read nothing but good things about the PCR. Looks like you just took it out of the box. I really like those grips too. I've been strongly considering a PCR but no one in my area has one I can look at. I'd be flying blind if I order it on line and already made that mistake with my Beretta PX4 Storm Compact Carry. It turned out to be a bit too fat for my hand. I was afraid I would have the same issue with the PCR. What holster do you use?
I carry mine in a JM Custom Kydex IWB holster.

· Registered
4,499 Posts
I started a similar thread in the Glock section and figured I would do the same in this section of the forums. I switch between my Glock 43x and my Kimber Micro 9 nightfall for my EDC’s.

View attachment 1152951 View attachment 1152952
Mine is a Smith .380 Bodyguard, or, a Smith 642 .38. Both pocket carry, usually a Desantis Nemesis holster. During winter I move the 642 to owb under winter clothing.

· Registered
443 Posts

View attachment 1152951 View attachment 1152952
HK VP40 loaded with 165 grain Gold Dot. Ruger LCR .38 loaded with 135 grain Gold Dot +P for lower threat outings.

121 - 140 of 164 Posts