What’s a good place in NC to move to.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by walkinguf61, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Lowcountry_Glocker

Lowcountry_Glocker

you will note my first sentence contained the words "just an observation." It is my observation, based off people that I have interacted with. I never claimed it to be a concrete truth. what's that phrase I'm looking for, oh yeah, your mileage may vary...

2. slym2none

slym2none

And I provided a counter-point. No need to get upset about it.

3. IllinoisGun

IllinoisGun

Outside of Floriduh, NC is the poorest State I've ever experienced.
    There seems to be a certain pride about the inability to accumulate wealth as well.

Prepare to bust your nuts making 1/2 of what you made for the same work up North.

Rent is cheap. But climbing higher as the unmitigated influx of left leaning illegal aliens keeps suppressing wages as well as driving up rental rates and mortgage costs. Sad but true.

4. SCHADENFREUDE

SCHADENFREUDE

I so wish this was true. But unfortunately while the republicans sit around the dem's work plans. Cuomo has moved in so many foreigners he will never be unseated. I wish I knew what magic words would make 10 million people think different but I don't have them.

5. slym2none

slym2none

You need to get out more.

6. Intolerant

Intolerant

Well my friend, they`ve got a HUGE problem right now, there is a riot going on right now in NYC! Its just about to pop. And when people start getting killed down there, that may set the motion to remove cuomo and his gestapo administration soon after that. By the time they get it back under control, the democRATS are going to be having to answer for why their own little rat soldiers burned the city down and murdered people. Lets also not forget that cuomo murdered 6,000+ old folks too this year. Voters may say enough is enough. So many have moved out of this state that it may leave us emptied of democRATS that with enough GOOD people to over power their votes and get rid of the democRAT powers that have ruled with their dictatorship ways over us for so many years. Its time for a real change, and this riot may be the answer to our prayers. Hey, a guy can dream, right?

Sorry OP, didnt mean to derail the thread :(
    But i think you know why it had to be said.

IllinoisGun and SCHADENFREUDE like this.
  7. IllinoisGun

IllinoisGun

Yep. 48 more States to go!

slym2none likes this.
  8. Gonzoso

Gonzoso

I wish we could put up a wall around NYC. They come out here to the Poconos in droves and are annoying af. Their behaviors, accents, driving, and thinking they're big **** because they're from NYC amongst all the Hicks drive everyone nuts.

They bring money though so everyone basically tries to deal with them as little as possible, ***** when they leave and get as much as they can out of them.

The locals especially hate how the buy up all the farms, subdivide, and put up ****hole suburbia hell mcmansions everywhere.

rfd339 likes this.
  9. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

Remember I’m retired. That lower cost of living is a great reason for me to move there. My kids.... not so much.

10. reniram

reniram

Native Floridian here and perhaps the only person who retired and left Florida. Many people move to Florida for warm winters and low taxes, and those are good reasons. Expect more people to do so. Personally I got tired of the constant heat/humidity, the endless traffic, over development everywhere and the changing political demographics, but expect to see a continued influx of newcomers. A lot of people don't like cold weather.

MaxB likes this.
  11. GlockerBill

GlockerBill

Boy, aint that the truth. I grew up in Lilly White California. Spent a week in Georgia on business and was pleasantly shocked at the sheer number of blacks and whites mixing in everyday stuff. If you could do something about the humidity, I would live there.

slym2none and Grabbrass like this.
  12. reniram

reniram

QFT!

13. Hicksville Kid

Hicksville Kid

Wilmington has been morphing into a mini-chitcago in the six years I’ve been watching. Lotta shootings for a small city.

14. rfd339

rfd339 Silver Member

Yeah, moved from that region in 2009. It was crappy then.
    Oldest part of town is the worst. Traffic is terrible also.
    Beaches are crowded and there's Hardly anywhere to park.
    Only thing I like about Wilmington is the my mom when she was a child collected pennies in a can to bring the USS North Carolina home.

15. OXMYX

OXMYX

You're 40 years too late. North Carolina and the South in general is a hyper-violent third world craphole.

Reverse migration and most folks that live there are from up north.

You are not escaping anything, you are just following it.

rfd339 likes this.
  16. OXMYX

OXMYX

This is a map of democrat voters in 2016
    vr8YAAx.jpg

download.png

17. rfd339

rfd339 Silver Member

True..
    They move here to escape the high the cost of living but bring their BS thinking with them and get into politics with the money they sold their property for up north. They change it to exactly what they left but with them having a little more influence and money. I saw it Brunswick County the way county government changed.

18. OXMYX

OXMYX

I remember dad would park the car on the square with the white courthouse and Rebel Soldier statue out front forever guarding the town.

He would leave the keys in the ignition with the windows rolled down in the summer.

Go west, my childhood South does not exist anymore.

19. NewYorker

NewYorker

NC wouldnt be my first choice if moving out of NY. I never even considered it personally. I hate the heat. Even right now its high 70s and muggy. Im built for 10* and snow.

Unless youre stuck on NC for a specific reason (job etc), Id look elsewhere.

OXMYX likes this.
  20. OXMYX

OXMYX

My brother just moved up North, it's cold but there is no crime. Thinking about it myself. East Texas is getting real weird.

NewYorker likes this.