Whaddya Make Of This...?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Arquebus12, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Arquebus12

Arquebus12 Non-broccophobe CLM

Unusual... mags on the strong side...

[​IMG]

2. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

Whaddya Make Of This...?

I see the Department has relaxed their physical fitness requirements...

3. tous

tous GET A ROPE!

Man's a sergeant.
    Never question a sergeant.

4. tadbart

tadbart duuuuude.

NEVER run from a fat cop.

5. dherloc

dherloc X-Nuc

He has to reach ACROSS his body to get to those magazines!

6. DRZ

DRZ

Ditto.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  7. Deployment Solu

Deployment Solu Kydex Crafter

I'd guess lack of training and actual use of the weapon. There is an OC or other pouch right in front of his mag pouch!!!! Has a gun with a light, but mag pouch not only on the wrong side, but BLOCKED!! That would be real interesting in a gunfight where he had to reload!!!!

Not wearing a vest either. Guess he thinks he is a small target??? :rofl:

Physical Fitness Standards??? What standards????

8. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

He should be thankful that he's in a union, cause they're here to protect us.:tongueout:

9. HKUSP45Css

HKUSP45Css

Frankly, the fact that a department has such an individual is a little sad, the fact that they would field him is even moreso.

It really reflects poorly on the department as a whole, particularly since he's a supervisor.

10. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

Those are for his candy bars.The mags are on his weak side...:supergrin:

11. Gallium

Gallium CLM

For all we know this could be from a movie...and ya don't need a mag pouch in the rules of threes (3 rounds, 3 seconds, 3 yards).

Anyways, assuming it's a honest to goodness real picture, I'm sure there's a plausible explanation for all that.

'Drew

12. wprebeck

wprebeck Have you seen me?

I carry my mag pouch horizontal on the strong side, in front of my holster. For all the naysayers out there, most of whom have never even worn a duty belt, I can do mag changes faster than most. It's called "practice". I smoke the guys who carry weak side, vertical, and carry in those neat little Blackhawk pouches that don't even have flaps to secure the mags, just a flat spring retention.

As far as the guy's size....yeah, he's fat. A lot of us are fat. A lot of gun owners on this board are fat (I've browsed the pic threads). What of it? I don't know how well he can do his job, and unless you personally know the guy, neither do you. Guy might be a lardass piece of crap. Guy might be able to take you down with a cool ninja move, too. Might be a lot of things. One of the best shots in my agency was a guy damn near as big as this one. He might not be able to run after you, but you didn't want to instigate a lethal force situation against him.

For the folks who wanna joke on the guy for the way he carries his mag pouches - like I said, I carry mine the same way. If you feel the need to have a friendly competition, with a very friendly wager, let me know when you'll be around my area. I'll set something up.

13. Bruce H

Bruce H

Whats the big deal ? Clearly the mans chest has fallen into his shorts. A little compassion please.

14. Rec4LMS

Rec4LMS

I agree. On my duty gear, I used to wear my magazine pouch on the weak side for the longest time. The concept is that drawing the magazine and inserting it into the firearm is just "one motion." So is throwing a baseball. Every qualification, someone would invariably flip a mag across the line or downrange. (Often it was the seasoned shooters. :wow: )

My current agency mandates that the mag pouch be on the strong side horizontal. I took to it pretty fast, I thought it would be a lot harder to transition. Rather than a large single motion, its two defined motions to insert the mag into the firearm. Now, most agencies are taught to never shoot to slide lock and also to never abandon a mag with amunition in it. This method makes it easier to retain a mag with ammo in it.

Yes, until I had to wear a horizontal mag pouch on my strong side, I thought it was a bad idea also because the term "conservation of motion" had been beaten into my head for so long that I was not open to ideas. It is also a bit more comfortable. When I carried vertical weak side, it would always poke my ribs making a sore spot, or worse it would go under the vest when things got physical.

15. Arquebus12

Arquebus12 Non-broccophobe CLM

Easy, tough guy... it's just a funny pic, it's not about you.

16. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Gold Member

Now that's funny!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

17. tous

tous GET A ROPE!

I carry my spare 1911 magazines in my 5.11 tactical pants. Problem is, there's so many danged pockets it takes me 20 minutes to find the danged things.

Good thing the goblin spends at least that much time admiring my tacti-cool wardrobe or I'd be in trouble.

:supergrin:

18. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

Man, here I sit trying to figure out what set this guy off, and I come to this line.

Case closed.

You the man.

19. silentpoet

silentpoet

Think of how hard it must be to wipe. I don't know how he can reach that far.

20. partsman

partsman

how does he sill have a job? i thought police had to pass a fitness test. there is no reson to be that fat but by being just plain lazy.