We've had a rash of crashes like this, lately. I have a solution

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Skyhook, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Skyhook

Skyhook

Here ya go-- their little(?) feet just -somehow- get slammed irreversibly onto the gas pedal and, like the ashtrays and seat cushions, the drivers are just along for the ride.

http://poststar.com/news/local/article_6fd9f88a-cfd2-11df-970f-001cc4c002e0.html

My solution? Some gas pedals need to be removed/disabled as certain individuals approach the vehicle.. maybe a retina ID system could be used?:dunno:

:supergrin:

2. Psychman

Psychman NRA Patriot Life Member

At least she looked embarrassed by attempting to hide her face. Getting old sucks.

3. Eyescream

Eyescream hates you

From the article:

There's your problem.

4. ExxoticOne

ExxoticOne

5. Cheytac

Cheytac

:rofl:

Uh, how did you get a pic of my mother??? :faint:

Hardest thing the family ever did was taking the keys from Mother and Dad. But we all felt much better in the long run.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  6. bwh21

bwh21

I think anyone with a driver's license over age 65 should be retested every 6 months.

7. Indy_Guy_77

Indy_Guy_77 Thread Killer

Personally, I think we should test EVERYONE every year.

-J-

8. Brian Lee

Brian Lee Drop those nuts

65 isn't as old and disabling as you think, and most people that age are not nearly as dangerous as drivers under 25 - as evidenced by the rates insurance companies charge for different age groups, because insurance companies wouldn't give ANY age group a break unless there were statistics to prove they deserve it.

It's not until you get closer to 75 that more and more people start to lose their ability to do such things as driving. When I lived in Florida, every time I almost got killed on my motorcycle involved a person much closer to 80 years old or more in a couple of cases. Most 65 year old's I ever knew were still pretty sharp, and all the people I know who average one or more totaled cars per year, are all in their early to mid twenties.

These cases get media attention because they are actually kind of rare and seem interesting & "hard to believe" to young people. Whereas a 24 year old wrecking out of pure stupidity, texting, being more likely to drive drunk, or just out of a careless attitude, is so common nobody writes articles about it. You gotta keep in in a realistic perspective.