Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
PRO 2A
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up a pair of Double H's to wear as **** kickers in the fall/winter/spring. For y'all that wear western boots in the summer.. what do you recommend? I'm in DFW TX and it gets damn hot in these parts.

·
NRA4EVR
11,693 Posts
Ariat ropers. I wear them year 'round, very comfortable.

·
PRO 2A
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ariat ropers. I wear them year 'round, very comfortable.
I know Ariats are quite popular. I looked at them as well. For summer wear though I have heard that rubber soles will get damn hot. That's the problem I think I'll have with my Double Hs. I don't know though, never worn any in the summer.

·
Registered
9,045 Posts
Ariat's soles won't get hot quicker than any other rubber soled shoe or boot, and will insulate better than thin leather soles.

·
Daca is caca
3,649 Posts
don't like the slick bottoms of cowboy boots. $30 wallyworld steel toe combat boots are all i wear

·
Registered
606 Posts
I am 170 miles east of DFW and I wear Tony Lama boots everywhere. I jog in them, wear them to weddings, funerals, church and where ever I want to go.

Never had a problem yet.

·
Who u lookin at
225 Posts
Tony Lamas year round. 3R's for everyday. Goatskins for church.

·
↓ hog hunter ↓
9,402 Posts
As the weather gets warmer, wear a pointier toe.

Better for killing coackroaches that run and hide in the corner.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Got a pair of Anderson Bean square toes that I absolutely love. Most comfortable boot I've owned since a pair of Tony Llama's I wore for years until they couldn't be sewn back together again. Winter or summer it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
Boots get hot during the summer.

Wear sandals instead. Air out them stanky feet.

I don't wear anything I can't run and/or kick the **** out of somebody in. :supergrin:

I've got a pair of Chippewa's that I'm quite fond of regardless of the time of year. Been thinking about picking up a pair of Ariat ropers as well.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Engineer boots a half-size too big.

The oversize allows air to flow, and just keeps them comfy in general. The bootlegs keep sand, water, etc out.

Flat bottoms keep gunk out of the tread so I don't track in.

Plus they look cool.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts