Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember growing up in west palm and life was good. it was sunny, and there wasn't that much violence. I never had a fear of going places at night but I keep hearing about all these incidences down there now. then I come across this ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HrucqUaaZE

and I can't believe my hometown is getting to this.

·
Random Mayhem
13,557 Posts
I have a cousin who lives in West Palm Beach. He has more gun stories than I do, even though I work in North Philly.:rofl:

It is true they can not hit a target from five feet. That safety margin only applies if they are aiming at you. All others are in jeopardy of being hit.

·
John 3:16
6,561 Posts
yes I have been in West palm for about 25 years and in the last 10-15 it has become quite the crap hole.:upeyes:

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's pretty sad. they keep building nice new places to go , but then inevitably become ghetto. I still remember when the palm beach mall was nice. then we had to start going to gardens, then to wellington. clematis was nice, then city place, then the new place by the Gardens mall. do you guys remember when the Regal cinemas first opened on 441 in Royal palm beach? it used to be a nice family place to go see a movie, now I hear it's pretty much gangtas and thugs. I think Im gonna carry (legally) when I go back home now.

·
Asset Investigator
110 Posts
Give them time and they will kill each other. Carry legally and you will always come out on top if you have a bad run in with any of these thugs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I live in JAX and I know what you mean..This used to be a quiet lil' town and now we've got drug dealers and wanna-be gangsta's shootin each other like it's free..Every night it's the same story...

·
Registered
587 Posts
i used to live in Okeechobbe and Jog rd ...my neighborhood used to be so nice..now its diff, me living in queens is safer for my Family i guess:embarassed:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Is Delray Beach okay or heading the same way??

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Is Delray Beach okay or heading the same way??

It depends on which part of Delray. There are country club communities, and slums.

·
Registered
137 Posts
My family has been in West Palm Beach a long time,my Grandfather came here in 1920.

Do any of you guys remember the Everglades Rifle & Pistol club?
Around 1976 they had 4 nice outdoor ranges just off Pinehurst road about 1 mile west of Jog road.

2,50 yard ranges,
1,100 yard range
1, 200 yard range with benchrest tables.

Membership was like $35.00 a year.

I was just a teenager but I remember that place.

The good old days.:crying:

Court in FL.

·
Registered
39 Posts
HA! I remember when the Twin Cities Mall was around and nice. Been here all 36 years of my life except a short stint in GA and it has gone from being an awesome place to grow up to being a little Miami or little LA.
Not sure about the Regal Cinemas being gangsta. I live in RPB and the kids may dress ghetto or gangsta but they are mostly ******* with a sprinkle of the REAL bad elements. Still better CCW though any where around South Florida.

·
Omnomnom
2,851 Posts
A little ways South in Tamarac it's nicer. Though we have dealers in our condo and more shootings are on the news then even just a year ago it seems.

Did anyone at least one person had a kevlar vest in that video? :O

You live in Tamarac? I'm actually in Coral Springs myself. Southern Tamarac is a little nicer only because of all the old people. You do have some pockets of undesirables.

I've lived in Florida since I was 4 years old and I am 24 now. Over those 20 years I have seen a lot of things change. I remember living in West Boca and leaving our windows open and doors unlocked. By the time we moved out of West Boca to Coral Springs, we were setting the alarm and upgrading all the locks.

The really scary thing is that Town Center Mall. That mall is used to be a virtual crimeless area. Now people are getting kidnapped or killed there almost monthly.

BTW, the ATF and PBSO is going to get an anonymous tip.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts