Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Just pixels
3,122 Posts
The 19x is the first Glock with a factory applied slide color other than black.

Many distributors over the years however sold (and still sell) models with aftermarket different slide finishes. The silver nib-x was common many years ago from lipseys I believe, GT Distrubutors does some Texas tan slide models, etc..

A lot of people just reasonable assume if they buy a new gun from a dealer the factory did the slide, but not necessarily true.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Gun Brown Firearm Trigger White
Actu
The 19x is the first Glock with a factory applied slide color other than black.

Many distributors over the years however sold (and still sell) models with aftermarket different slide finishes. The silver nib-x was common many years ago from lipseys I believe, GT Distrubutors does some Texas tan slide models, etc..

A lot of people just reasonable assume if they buy a new gun from a dealer the factory did the slide, but not necessarily true.
Actually, just before the 19X came out I found this little jewel. I call it my 26X. I usually carry it with a 15 round or 12 round mag, but the 19 round back up in my pocket is fun. On the bottom of The 17 round mag is one of the old Glock plus 2 from several years ago.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
They were just like the Model T Ford, any color you want as long as it's Black.

·
Just pixels
3,122 Posts
Very nice! I like that look, but we’re talking factory slides not frames.

View attachment 385890 Actu

Actually, just before the 19X came out I found this little jewel. I call it my 26X. I usually carry it with a 15 round or 12 round mag, but the 19 round back up in my pocket is fun. On the bottom of The 17 round mag is one of the old Glock plus 2 from several years

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Ah that shows it much better. Glock rep at SHOT said the 19x was the first time they had a “factory” slide color different than black, but would not be the first time s two was wrong.
Actually, I wonder if mine was made at the same time they were producing 19X’s but they held those back for a special release date and let mine leave the factory??? Some of the early 19X pics I have seen look like maybe the slide was darker but not quite as dark as mine. Any way thanks for sharing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts