close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Went to the range today...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by rolltide_pisco, Jul 25, 2012.

1. rolltide_pisco

rolltide_pisco NRA Patron Life Member

With my G19 Gen4. Shot 150 rounds with Remington 115gr and S&B 115gr. People at work told me the S&B was great. One magazine of it and every shot either hit me in the forehead or went over my head. Checked my stance making sure I was doing it right and still was the problem.

I've been so out of the loop going to the range. It's like 95 degrees here and hands got real sweaty. Couldn't keep a good grip on it.

I've been wondering to myself if I need something smaller. Maybe trade-in for a 26 or 27. What do you think?

2. skyboss_4evr

skyboss_4evr

Let me be the first to say it... you're lucky to be alive!! :wavey:

3. Beretta92guy

Beretta92guy

Ill give you the short version:

trade the defective 9mm for a .40 cal

OR

spend countless time and $$$$ sending it back to Glock....trying different springs, ammo, extractors, ejectors, yada, yada, yada to fix it....

4. cliffsta

cliffsta Who, me?

Yeah I had the same slippery hands problem last Friday when I went to the indoor range. After about 120 rounds (with breaks to reload!) my hands started to get real sweaty. The rough texture grip of the Gen4 came in extra handy, but my of-hand thumb kept sliding off the frame. At least I know I can shoot accurately with wet hands.

Mentioned in another thread, zero ejection problems on my G22 but I guess that's because its .40 S&W. Though my friend's G17 Gen4 hasn't had any problems, either, and I've watched him shoot ~150 rounds

5. techiej

techiej

I haven't had any problems with over 2,000 rounds of S&B 115g 9mm in my G17 Gen 4

6. Bruce M

Bruce M

My guess is that with very sweaty hands you would notice little difference between your G19 and a G26. And of course you will loose some money if you trade the gun in. I would have someone else try it and also try it when it is a bit more civilized out, temperature and humidity wise. Based on other posts here, the chances are ok that if a part or two are swapped out the issue will stop if it is still a problem in cooler weather.

7. skyboss_4evr

skyboss_4evr

Better option. Be a MAN (unlike so many whiny GT'ers) and fix it yourself! Try a new extractor from glockparts.com or midwayusa.com. They're all of twenty bucks.

If the new extractor doesn't help the poor ejection, and your grip/stance are solid (not limpwristing severely), then send it to GLOCK so they can fix it.

8. Raleigh Glocker

Raleigh Glocker

Get a pair of Mechanix original gloves one size smaller than you usually wear. They will stretch to fit you, um, like a glove. :)

You won't believe what a big difference this makes, sweaty or not. I discovered it accidentally while shooting my Glock with a suppressor. I needed the gloves to grab the hot can and tighten it on the barrel every now and then, but I realized that they were awesome to shoot with.

You can get them in tacticool colors from Amazon for $15.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  9. kaech

kaech

If u couldnt keep a hold of the 19 then u need nothing to do with the G27

10. jmb79

jmb79

To the OP... there is nothing wrong with S&B ammunition. It's not the cause of your issues. Just install the correct parts in your pistol and you'll be fine.

11. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

This.

12. rimshaker

rimshaker

S&B (the 115gr ones) actually runs a little hotter than other 115gr ammo, with muzzle velocity around the 1280fps range... roughly 100+ more than other brands. You may notice them slightly louder with a snappier muzzle flip at the range. They can pretty much be considered +p ammo.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  13. Adapt

Adapt

Was your Glock 19 a recently build from Glock or you've had this gun for a while prior to the new ejector parts being installed?

14. Rustin

Rustin

I agree. Get the 17 buddy!:wavey:

15. Adapt

Adapt

Doesn't the 17 and 19 share the same parts? How come the 17 has no problems and the 19 is expected to?

I'm new to Glocks and just ordered a 19.

16. WinterWizard

WinterWizard

Every gen4 ejection-to-the-face thread has this response. It's not about your gun that works great, it's about the percentage of guns that don't, like the OP's.

People with 9mm, gen4 ejection problems aren't claiming that every new gen4 has problems. If that were the case, then your response would have validity. It's about the percentage of faulty guns compared to years past.

17. Adapt

Adapt

Yes, what ever happen to Glock Perfection? I'm crossing fingers my 19 will be trouble free.