Glock 17 Went to pick up a G17 & came home with a G37 too!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Michigun, Jan 8, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Michigun

Michigun live free or die

Well, I went to my local FFL shop to pick up my brand-new-used GSSF G17 yesterday afternoon & ended up bring home a NIB G37 as well! ;f

(My 1st non-9mm GLOCK!)

I’ll have an AGrip, steel recoil rod, spring pack, 3.5 connector & night sights on their way here in a bit.

Question on recoil spring weights… what’s the general thought on a poundage… #20, #22?

(Need to start my campaign for a holster… will see if FIST can make me a #7… thinking I may have to send them my G37 though…….)

I put 50 rounds of the 200-grain Speer FMJ stuff through it yesterday when I got home… WOW, very nice! Not one hitch, which I expected anyway from a GLOCK. :)

Here she is… (Ignore that she’s AGrip’less please!)

2. engineer151515

engineer151515

Way to go! That G37 is absolutely addictive! Love mine. I have the same question on the spring compression (#17, #20 ?????). Plus I'm on the search for additional mags. Hard to find.

3. Michigun

I went ahead & ordered 2 (They're cheap!) recoil springs with my steel rod purchase... I have a #20 & a #22 spring on their way. The rod & both recoil springs are ISMI.

Worst case is that I find that I need to use the (factory) #17 spring... I'll just extract that one from the factory rod if it comes to that.

With only those 50 rounds last night through my G37, I can already see marks on the slide from the locking block. I'm figuring a #20 spring is the least I'd like to go.

4. Zombie Defense

Zombie Defense Pow pow

It's good to see you got one. I love mine and she's stood the test of time since I now have just over 3K through it without any problems so far.

5. Michigun

Were you expecting anything other then perfection, from a GLOCK, Shane Pratt? ;)