close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Went to my first GSSF match today

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by BLau, Jan 31, 2010.

1. BLau

BLau

I only stayed long enough to watch one round. It was two guys shooting. One on the left was shooting all over the place, the one on right kept his shots within the size of a CD or smaller. I was expecting more people but I don't live in a really big town. I will shoot next month as I think I have a good shot at placing, and because it looked relaxing and fun. Not at all the stressful situations I expected from a shooting competition.

There was a lady selling knives and this unusual flashlight with metal prongs on the end of it. I thought it was a glass breaker but she kicked on a switch and I jumped about two feet back. It doubled as a stun gun. She offered to buy me any knife I want if I could take a one second shock. I would have taken her up on the offer if I didn't have my 19 month old son with me. I would have made her buy me a Strider SMF that I have been eying. If I see her next month, I definitely will take her up on her offer. I always wondered if those stun guns really worked as they are suppose to.

Even though I only stayed for about 15 minutes, the GSSF competition looked like it would be fun.

2. bentbiker

bentbiker

Are you sure it was a GSSF match? The site doesn't show anything scheduled for this weekend -- Vegas last weekend, and Orlando in February.

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Sounds like part of the indoor series of matches.

4. James5m

James5m

I think your right coach.... The was a indoor match at Target Masters in Columbia, MO today

5. BLau

BLau

Yes it was an indoor match. There are three scheduled matches up until March.