Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Spewer of TROOF
9,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s Memorial Day weekend, Friday night.

wanted a few beers, bars are still closed.

they closed both liquor stores in my town at 8:00 (usually 10:00) because of the virus.

how exactly does this make anyone safer???

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Obtaining booze in Vegas has never been a problem. During this pandemic, one of the main discount liquor store chains closed down until last week. However, here you can buy beer, wine, and hard liquor in all the grocery stores so no problem. The only issue I personally had was stores running out of my mainstay beer, Sierra Nevada's Torpedo IPA. This was due to their brewery in Chico, CA being shut down due to the pandemic.

·
Premium Member
26,327 Posts
Being uneducated. I would think a business being open more hours should reduce the crowd at any one time.

A store normally open 6am to 11pm. Is instead open 8am to 6 pm. That’s 7 hrs less. It’s open 10 hrs instead of 17. 400 customers a day (I have no clue the traffic) it’s now 40 shoppers a hour. (Average). Where before 24.
It was rare for the parking lot to be mostly full except for events. I rarely see it less then half full now. Only been inside twice since new yrs. (every other time looks too crowded)

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
If it only saves.........!!

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
Here in ******* land they initially tried to declare liquor stores and rec pot shops as inessential businesses. Word got out immediately (the lockdown was to begin the next morning at 8AM) and there were instant lines around the blocks at every liquor store and pot shop. Within 4 hours the mayor announced that he had made a mistake and that these businesses were indeed essential.
(Although I suspect that they realized that there was a bunch of taxes begging to be collected.)

I guess that they figured out that the masses would be much easier to control if they remained slightly numb as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,531 Posts
Give the guy time - he may learn that fact of life. 53 gallons in a barrel of bourbon. I am sure that I have that amount of hard liquor stored - primarily because I give alcohol as gifts and I stockpile for shtf.
Along with that, I’m guessing that you enjoy an occasional nip yourself... Primarily for medicinal purposes of course... I’m still using that one...lol...

·
Registered
21,987 Posts
Stop whining like a little child. What would have been the problem with you getting there when they were open. Maybe the store gives a **** about the hours their workers have to put in with the decontamination they need to do and the PPE they need to wear.? Just a guess.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
To defeat the virus they have reduced hours and only let a few people in the store at a time. So everyone else has to stand in a longer que outside where they won't get the WuFlu because reasons.

·
Registered
11,258 Posts
Revolution, we need a REVOLUTION...where are the MINUTE MEN...
(At least a PROTEST MARCH !!)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts