Went to buy gun:no joy

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Wash-ar15, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Wash-ar15

Wash-ar15

Went to my GSSF dealer listed and tried to buy a gun with my card. No go.

According to them I still need the certificate. . the guy i spoke to was very nice. But he was adamant about about the process. Have all the dealers been notified?

he also brought up the point that without the certificate ,there was no way of tracking how many gun i bought with just the card.

Guess I need to send an email to Gssf.

2. HauntedAlabama

HauntedAlabama

Did you call the GSSF first? The shops in Alabama that used the old certificate are not part of the new program. I went to two places that I was told would honor the new system. First one did not know what I was talking about, the second one was a few minutes away and they did know. They made a copy of my card, filled out the typical paperwork, and out the door I went with my new 17. I would call GSSF if you did not, and if you did and the store was on their list I would call GSSF back and tell them what happened.

3. Wash-ar15

Wash-ar15

The list that i have seen only shows 3 places in my state. I went to the Seattle police shop. I tried to explain that there was a new system,but he told me if he sold me a gun by just showing the card, he would have no way of checking if i can back and bought another one. with the cert,you got one and that was it. What he said makes sense. I wonder how does the dealer verify you have never used the card to buy a gun before.

4. HauntedAlabama

HauntedAlabama

It sounds like they are not part of the new system. Call GSSF and ask who is your state's dealers under the new system are. The three listed on the old sheet for Alabama are not part of the new GSSF system. I have no idea how they are going to handle the one per year thing with you just showing your card. I guess they figure or hope everyone has enough integrity that they will not abuse the system?

5. HDRider2002

HDRider2002

Its my understanding that under the new system, the dealer needs to use your membership number to verify another purchase hasn't been processed before completing the sale. From what i can gather, the change in procedure has been a bit rocky, but it seems they are working on it. I'd suggest if you are ever in question, especially if you are there to purchase, have the dealer call GSSF to get the word directly. They are definatly very helpful folks over there.

6. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

Try referring the dealer to the GSSF website. The details and vendor list are there.

7. jab

jab

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  8. Wash-ar15

Wash-ar15

Get a reply today. Told that the 3 dealers are the same ones. They will need to notify them of the new rules,again.

9. deathpriest

deathpriest

Contacted my dealer, they were not aware of the new terms. They were going to contact Glock and get back to me.
    And I just passed on a deal that would have put me $20 away of the new GSSF price on the gun I actually want, my mistake :(

The wait starts...

Blessings

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  10. mccallisterbrian

mccallisterbrian

I just talked to my local LEO dealer that is in the GSSF program and they are still telling me that I still need the certificate. They didn't know ay]anything about the new program

11. mccallisterbrian

mccallisterbrian

Contacted GSSF and they told me that a lot of dealers didnt get the info so they sent out the info to them again last week that certificates are no longer needed

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  12. netmage2112

netmage2112

I went to the dealer, w/ a printout from the website.
    They asked for the cert, I informed them the program changed - no certs anymore.

He asked the mgr, and they called GSSF... and told them to go ahead...
    Walked out w/ a G30SF... they didn't have any G19's...

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010