I set up my dies and got everything dialed in on the press with no issues. I figured I loaded 45 acp 10 years ago when I last hand loaded. This should be easy. I could not have been more wrong. First...I set everything up to run large pistol primers, and had a hell of a time getting primers to seat on at least the first 5 pieces of brass. I pull the brass and examine it. The primer pockets looked small when compared to some other brass I had on the bench. The primers in this brass were sticking half way out of the primer pocket. I do some research and discover several major ammo manufacturers started using primarily small pistol primers. I was less than amused. So I separated the brass and pulled primers from the affected brass. I was able to save most of the components for another attempt. Then yesterday, I started to load up a batch of recently separated large primer brass, and I still experience issues seating primers! WTH?! So I start looking at head stamps. Every case I had issues with seating was a Herters case. So I read up on their brass. I read it has super tight primer pockets and may not seat CCI primers without a lot of force. Rather than continue trying to force things and get hurt or break my press, I separated the Herters brass from the rest. Then I got out my Lyman case prep tool I had not used before and found the bit to ream the primer pockets. I still had about 20 or so that were "stepped" in the primer pocket or had some internal brass ring inside of it. I could tell that ring would not have allowed primers to seat properly. I tossed those 20 or so cases into the junk brass bucket. I was able to save the others. I then did another run of 100 rounds and had no issues. The Herters I managed to salvage worked fine after I reamed them and I had the brass separated by lpp and spp. Never did I think I would run into this many issues when loading 45 acp.