Glock Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Rimfire 1010101
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The small LGS sold a pistol I placed on consignment. Did I pocket the cash from the sale? Nope. Decided to buy just one more gun this year. The owner reminded me that I did try to order a CZ 75B Matte Stainless a couple years back. Pistol was on order for almost a year and I lost patience. The owner tells me there is a High Polish in stock at the distributor.
I tell him that I'm not sure if I wanted a CZ anymore. If I did, I sure as heck didn't want a gaudy shiny pimp gun.

Went to the range later in the day. Decided to rent a CZ 75B. Next day I called the LGS.

So a few days later, I decide that I'd rather carry a hammer fire DA/SA pistol. What is in a LGS display case? A CZ 75D PCR.

After the mandatory IL 72 hour wait on handgun purchases, I go to pick it up. While I really enjoy the 75B High Polish, I'm paranoid about scratching it. I'll shoot it, but am careful with it. It would be nice to have a standard 75B, but buying a new one would mean I have a problem. What do I see in the used gun display that wasn't there 72 hours ago?

2013 manufacture. Stickers on the original case indicate it was imported in 2014. Previous owner installed Trijicon night sights and CZ rubber grips. Original parts were in the pistol case. From the wear/witness marks, this pistol wasn't shot often. Brought it home today.

I'd like to say that I'm done buying pistols in 2016 especially this close to a Presidential election, but that would be tempting fate. Every time I say I'm done, something pops up.

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
I've always had a thing for a Stainless CZ75.
As for triples I bought a Sig P220, P229 & P239.
Hks I'd rather not talk about... (that's where I binge)
But I did just fold and get a Stainless USP Compact 45 - LOL!
Sometimes the shinny stuff is hard to pass up :supergrin:

At any rate, the CZ's look great and should give you much pleasure and pride to own!
Well Done

·
Bird Catcher
2,763 Posts
Very nice. Congratulations!

I'm in the same boat. Never owned one until a couple of weeks ago. Now I own two. A CZ 75 B SA and a CZ P-07 FDE. Love them!

Reactions: JaPes

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Yer missing one. The 75 B D Police model with the lanyard loop and loaded chamber indicator. Comes with the decocker, luminescent sites. It is just the PCR being full sized.

But wow, what a score on your part.

I have one gun that is nickel plated, S&W 36, .38spl. I kinda wished it was blued or black. I could always trade it, but it is different.

·
Banned
65,070 Posts
I have two of the pimpy polished SS models.

Love it.

Just bought the Cold War commemorative model.

The small LGS sold a pistol I placed on consignment. Did I pocket the cash from the sale? Nope. Decided to buy just one more gun this year. The owner reminded me that I did try to order a CZ 75B Matte Stainless a couple years back. Pistol was on order for almost a year and I lost patience. The owner tells me there is a High Polish in stock at the distributor.
I tell him that I'm not sure if I wanted a CZ anymore. If I did, I sure as heck didn't want a gaudy shiny pimp gun.

Went to the range later in the day. Decided to rent a CZ 75B. Next day I called the LGS.

So a few days later, I decide that I'd rather carry a hammer fire DA/SA pistol. What is in a LGS display case? A CZ 75D PCR.

After the mandatory IL 72 hour wait on handgun purchases, I go to pick it up. While I really enjoy the 75B High Polish, I'm paranoid about scratching it. I'll shoot it, but am careful with it. It would be nice to have a standard 75B, but buying a new one would mean I have a problem. What do I see in the used gun display that wasn't there 72 hours ago?

2013 manufacture. Stickers on the original case indicate it was imported in 2014. Previous owner installed Trijicon night sights and CZ rubber grips. Original parts were in the pistol case. From the wear/witness marks, this pistol wasn't shot often. Brought it home today.

I'd like to say that I'm done buying pistols in 2016 especially this close to a Presidential election, but that would be tempting fate. Every time I say I'm done, something pops up.

·
I don't even know....what I'm doing here....
10,228 Posts
Count me in as a CZ fan. Mine's a plastic one, a P-07, and it just plain shoots lights out.

CZ makes really nice guns. You know, when people talk of CZ's, I often hear the phrase, "Best bang for the buck."

But I see that phrase changing. Lately, I'm starting to hear, "Pick of the litter."

Yeah, that's more like it. Col. Cooper wasn't wrong about the CZ.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Really Cool pickups... I bought a demo model CZ SP-01 Tactical for a Steal back around the new year.. 2015 production model and had night sights around $489.00

Reactions: JaPes
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.