close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Went in for the Kahr P380 but came out with the LCP

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by CBRGlocker, Feb 13, 2010.

1. CBRGlocker

CBRGlocker

I got the green light from the wife to go out and get the P380 last week so I found a shop that had one. Last week when I went to buy it, I decided to place it next to the LCP.

The grip on the LCP fits me better. The difference in trigger (to me) wasn't anything major. The P380 actually had a somewhat gritty feel to it which I'm sure would have smoothed out over time. The LCP's was just fine to me. I"m one who doesn't complain about my Keltec P11's trigger.

The price on the P380 was $620, the LCP was $299. I had $700 in cash that day but just couldn't justify the $300 price difference so I bought the LCP. I will admit the P380 is a very well put together, solid feeling gun with usable sites.

Either of these guns will never be a target gun. It will be shot most likely at contact distances. Here in Illinois we still don't have a CCW law so this gun is going to be my pajama gun. I have a 642 Powerport that still pulls my shorts down. I know the LCP is going to kick more than the P380 but again, I'm not going to be taking this out to the range all the time. If anything, I'm going to run 200 rounds through it to break it in, then only occasionally take it out to the range.

I went into the shop with $700 in my pocket looking for a P380. Today (3 day wait) I picked up my LCP, plus and extra max, a crimson trace laser, a nemesis pocket holster, and 4 boxes of .380, and spent the same amount as I would have if I bought the P380.

I'll follow up with a range report when I can find the time to take it out to the range.

Anybody also go through the same decision?

2. Glock30 Guy

Glock30 Guy XD40

I bought my LCP for similar reasons. Just wasn't going to shoot or carry it enough to warrant the extra cash. There were many other guns I liked, all had more weight and costs more. LCP is just fine for an occassional carry gun when nothing else will conceal.

3. JBP55

JBP55

I have 3 NIB LCP's unfired and have a PM9 ordered. I have plenty 9mm ammo. and will sell the 3 LCP's.

4. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

Great carry pistol. Too bad you can't carry it everywhere with you. You'd forget you even had it in your pocket.

(Also love my PM-9. :) )

5. Hugo R

Hugo R Gaff G26 User!

I love mine. I carry it just about everywhere and as stated before, I forget it's even there. I love shooting it although I don't shoot it a lot it does what I need it to do from one and a half to seven yards. Great gun IMHO. Congrats.

HR