Went in for some ammo boxes - walked out with a G19 Gen 4 & a G43!!!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by TxHarleyGuy06, Oct 12, 2015.

Tags:
  1. TxHarleyGuy06

TxHarleyGuy06

Evening folks,

Well, today was a good day. Okay, who am I kidding? Today was a GREAT day! The weather was awesome so I decided to take a ride out to Cabela's to pick up a couple of ammunition boxes I had been wanting. While there, I began looking at the firearms (as I'm sure we all do, right?). As of late, I had been wrestling with the notion of whether to get a G36 or a G43 to add to the 'collection'. After spending some time checking out the inventory there, I really took a liking to the G19 Gen 4. The pistol just felt amazing in my hand; very natural. I had to have it. I also had the guy pull out the G43. For to this point, I had only read about it and never actually handled or even seen one. Yeah, you guessed it. I had to have that one too!

The bonus to all of this - not only did Cabela's price match a local gun store, but they also gave me 5% discount on top of that. It was a deal that I just couldn't pass up. Now the hunt begins for holsters. Can anyone recommend some good holsters for either of these two guns? Prefer OWB.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

G1942, GPutt33, opticks and 4 others like this.
  2. OhioGlock90

OhioGlock90

Wow that sounds like a great day! A little bit more expensive than just ammo. Both are awesome guns. I don't have any experience with G43 holsters but I do have some with G19 holsters. If you are looking at OWB i have been using my blade tech a lot lately! It has the tightest fit I have found. The model I have comes with clips to make it OWB or IWB which is really nice. It also claims it is ambidextrous, which as a lefty I'll tell you is only partially true. I say this because when set up for a lefty OWB you cannot cant the holster... Other than that they are great holsters!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. 1892

Good choices with the G-19/43, I have both too...the G-19/43 really compliment each other...

4. 45acp is best acp

45acp is best acp

Awesome day at the gun counter!

5. glide

glide Just sayin'

Nice! Looks like Santa came early for you. Enjoy and be safe.

6. Boot Stomper

Boot Stomper

7. tenntornado

tenntornado

Do the G43s come with a mag loader now?

8. icm2015

icm2015

BladeTech works well for OWB. They have OWB for the 43's you must phone about two week delivery.

Aslan likes this.
  9. Mike-M

Mike-M

The information from the ATF 4473 forms that were filled out is never sent to the BATFE, unless the weapon is later traced. But...

...because you purchased multiple handguns within a five-working day interval from the same dealer, the dealer must
    promptly complete ATF 3310.4 and notify the BATFE and your local chief law enforcement officer (usually the sheriff) of your purchases.

Most are unaware of this mandatory notification process, and dealers almost never tell customers about it.

It's just something to consider. :)

10. FYRELT

FYRELT

congrats,the 19 or 43 is my edc.

11. TxHarleyGuy06

TxHarleyGuy06

You'll have to forgive me if I ask you to expand a bit upon your post. For the implication is one which eludes to something not on the up and up (at my end). To which, I take offense. Something to consider? Meaning? Why the hell would I - as a law abiding, concealed license carrying citizen - care whether any agencies or law enforcement officials were made aware of my firearms purchases? You don't think ANYONE with a carry license who purchases a firearm legally isn't on some type of 'list' somewhere?

12. TxHarleyGuy06

TxHarleyGuy06

Yes. Mine did (as pictured above).

13. Giggity-Giggity

Giggity-Giggity Giggity-Goo!!!

14. Anomander

Anomander

[​IMG]

Take no offense, I don't think anyone here is thinking you are a criminal. The information he shared is not widely known, that's all.

15. TxHarleyGuy06

TxHarleyGuy06

The response wasn't directed to you. Moreover, it's pretty annoying when one adult attempts to tell another to 'calm down bro'. Really? Do we know one another? Then lose the 'bro'. Appreciated.

16. HGxyz

HGxyz

The G43 mags are extremely easy to load without any tools - one of their many nice features.

17. Anomander

Anomander

It was a stab at humor, my apologies.

18. HGxyz

HGxyz

Coincidentally, my latest two guns are the G43 and G19 as well, but I didn't get them the same day. I traded some non Glocks for the G19 and part of the surplus was made up by a BladeTech OWB holster. My only OWB aside from the Glock holster that used to come with the pistols. I like the BladeTech for playing at the range, I got the G17 size which fits the 19 and 26 also. For a carry holster I like the Remora at the appendix.

19. Border Bandit 32

Border Bandit 32

[​IMG]
    My G43 rides in a MTR Custom Leather OWB rig, love it and reasonable price, check them out !
    comes with a body shield and front reinforcement for NO additional charge !

now just need the yellow/green TFO's and I am good to go :banana:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  20. mt920

mt920

Like you, my last two purchased firearms were the G43 (Father's Day gift to myself) and G19 (Birthday gift to myself).

To the OP: Enjoy your new purchases. Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions with OWB holsters.