close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Went from 256 to 240 in a month.

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by notoriouskeef, Feb 11, 2006.

1. notoriouskeef

notoriouskeef Keef

Weighed in at 240lbs yesterday.

Cut out all pop, cept for about 1 can every 3 weeks. Drink at least a gallon of water a day. I tried to do cardio as much as possible but after hard workouts I felt on the urge of getting sick so had to take a couple days off. Tried to eat between 4-6 meals a day, all healthy food. Cut out all the snacks. Lifted as well, but same story, hard workouts had to cutback.

I go into surgery on tuesday to get my tonsils out. Hopefully after recovery in a couple weeks i can workout without having to worry about getting sick. Anyway, my goal was break below 240 by my surgery and it looks like i'll accomplish that.

Matt:cool:

2. DBradD

DBradD

Great job dude!

Did you also cut out restaurant food? I can't remember exactly, but I think I went from 202 to 190 in my first month, and I attributed it mainly to avoiding restaurant food. My progress slowed waaay down after a couple of months, and I had to crack a couple of plateaus on the way down.

Are you keeping track of your calories? I'd be interested to know what kind of numbers you're shooting for.

DBD

3. notoriouskeef

notoriouskeef Keef

I've cut out most eating out. I've had pizza hutt 3 times, but only two slices of pizza, olive garden, and chineese. Thats it. I just need to watch my portions. For example. I ate at our favorite chineese place a couple days ago and had a bowl of wantan soup and had about 2 bites of my wifes meal. That meal before i started working out consisted of, wantan soup, egg roll, 3 crab rangoon, chicken chow mein (or whatever meal I chose) and a couple glasses of coke.

I do not count calories but an average meal consists of

1, 4-5eggs, wheat muffin with real peanut butter,
    2 either a slimfast or tuna salad, or chicken salad.
    3, same as 2 with a rice cake or two,
    4, same as 3
    5, it depends. Chicken, broccoli, asparagus, salmon.
    the rest are all variations of the before.

I eat LOTS of eggs and tuna, mmmmm. All bread or muffins or bagels is whole wheat with REAL peanut butter, I can't believe I never found this stuff earlier, it's awesome. Anyway, I attribute it to the water, healthy food, and portions in moderation, all that and my metabolism sped up with 5 meals a day. Working 12 hour shifts it's very difficult to find the motivation for 5+ meals a day and to workout in the mornings before work. That usually leaves me exhausted and in bed a half hour after work haha.

I have some pretty lofty goals for these next couple months after surgery. I want to be 200lbs by july 4th. I also have a lifting program set up that should put some real good muscle on me. We'll see how far this takes me in a year.

Matt

4. notoriouskeef

notoriouskeef Keef

Also keep in mind, my meals will get much better once I figure out how to make certain things. Once I get on aschedule I hope to make enough meals inadvance so I can have 6-7 meals a day already pre-made so i don't have to worry about it. I'm collecting a supply of recipes and after my surgery my meals will not look much like they do now :)

Matt

5. California Jack

California Jack Millennium Member

Excellent, keep it going!

6. joker1

joker1

Congrats! Just remember that it is not uncommon to plateau after your initial weight loss. don't get discouraged.
    By the way... love you avatar. I raise and train springers for a hobby. When are we going pheasant hunting?;f

7. DBradD

DBradD

I think you can do that. I lost 32 lbs in 4 months, 202 to a flat 170 (9.5% bodyfat). You're starting out heavier, so that's probably about the same percentage difference. You'll inevitably hit some plateaus very soon. We need a good thread on that subject alone. I upped the exercise to break through. From your description, you could probably further tighten up your diet to smash your first plateau. Elimination of bagels and further reducing the restaurant food, for example.

Great job. I hope you keep the forum updated.
    DBD

8. notoriouskeef

notoriouskeef Keef

I'll go take pictures when I get home as motivation. I plan on doing a weekly update, but it will be slow for the next two + weeks b/c of surgery lol.

My favorite exercise is on the treadmil of 2 min sprints to get my h/r at a peak of 190 and then a 2 min slow walk or until it reaches 135 again, do that for about 40 mins it's awesome. To bad i did it twice and I had to quit b/c I felt like i was going to get sick again;g . Ahhhh, I can't wait for this surgery, i'm so pumped.

Your right though, i'm not worried, i know it's physically possible to do, I just need to DO IT.

Congratulations on the accomplishments you have made as well! that is awesome. Do you have any before and after pictures?

Matt

9. beavis1957

beavis1957 GO GAMECOCKS!

That's great man. I started on Jan 2, 2006 and am down to 225 from 238 at this point. My plan is basically like yours, I do 30 min elliptical and 30 min recumbent bike a day. I'm not weight training yet, as I want to focus on the cardio, but I have lifted for years. It was actually hard to forgo weight training and just do cardio. I plan on starting in the next couple weeks, as I realize it's integral to what I want to do.

I realized a few weeks ago that I was intaking NOWHERE near enough calories though....about 1200 a day. It actually was hard to up it any, as I was so used to it eating nothing.

I have one cheat day a week...today (Sat) being my day. My band plays at a local pizza joint on Sat nights and it's impossible not to indulge! I've read that one cheat day a week or so is actually beneficial as long as you don't go overboard.

Anyways, sorry for the long post...Keep it up man! My goal is also 200 with some significant muscle mass(which I believe I have a decent amount..just under this damn fat!) Maybe we can all keep each other motivated.

;c

10. DBradD

DBradD

Thanks Matt. I have lots of "before" but no "after" pictures yet. The next time my wife does her before/after pics, I'll get some of me also. She stuck a "before" pic in front of me the other day and it stood the hair up on the back of my neck! What a huge chin! I swear I think that's the most irritating place to have fat.

She's at -27 lbs also, with the same plan. She's at a severe plateau at the moment, been stuck at -26, -27 lbs for about a month, and is getting frustrated. She hates exercise, so gets 95% of her loss from diet, which is a problem because her BMR is about 1500 now that she's dropped some weight. It's darn hard to eat much less than that per day. Plateau busting is the pits. There's definitely an art to busting them.

DBD

11. California Jack

California Jack Millennium Member

I agree DBD, it was my chinS that got me motivated too.