Glock Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sold my Sig P226 and put my Glock 19 (gen 4, off roster!) in "jail" (for you non-Californians, that's the paperwork you sign to start the 10-day waiting period before you can take possession of a firearm). Can't wait to hit the range on the 27th to try it out.

· Registered
2,255 Posts
Ten whole gunless days to reflect on why you ever sold a SIG. California is cruel. Stupid and cruel.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heh. I agonized over it - I really did. But in the end I had gotten as good as I was going to get with the DA/SA and I wasn't as good as I wanted to be. Looking forward to the G19, though.

I'm glad the SIG was able to find a good home - went to a guy who competes.

· Registered
446 Posts
Traded down.
That's a matter of opinion. I've owned a couple Sigs, 220 and 226. I enjoyed them both, but I get more use out of my G19. I paid more for my Sigs, but I can't say that they do anything better than my Glocks. Both companies make a pretty good service pistol. Personal preference.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Kranq - yep. I sold the SIG for more than the glock cost, so I'm actually ahead a bit. But in any case, the issue is that after 3-4k rounds, I wasn't getting any better with the SIG, and I wasn't where I wanted to be. So now it's a matter of seeing whether I can get where I want to be with another make/model. It could just be that I suck, but I figure it's worth a try with something that doesn't have this dual-trigger pull (which was messing me up).

@skyboss_4evr - I never thought I'd own a Glock until I shot my friend's gen3 g19 and found I was shooting it (for the first time) better than I was shooting the P226 after 4 years and thousands of rounds. In any case, I had an opportunity to get an off-roster Gen 4 (rare in California), so I took advantage of it :) I can't wait to try it out... I was able to hold/inspect it at the FFL and the grip felt awesome (the gen 3 was a bit thick).

· Registered
1,570 Posts
Fine choice on the G19. Congrats!

· G21 G20 G27
79 Posts
I just sold my Sig P226 and put my Glock 19 (gen 4, off roster!) in "jail" (for you non-Californians, that's the paperwork you sign to start the 10-day waiting period before you can take possession of a firearm). Can't wait to hit the range on the 27th to try it out.
Congrats on the G19. As a fellow enthusiast on the wrong side of the iron curtain, I feel your pain.

· Just sayin'
4,682 Posts
I owned a couple Sig Sauer pistols years ago. Sold them all and got Glock pistols. I never looked back after that. Enjoy your new Glock 19 and be safe.

· Registered
1,239 Posts
Glock has a better system; interchangeable parts, customization, ease of finding parts, everything costs less due to popularity, has less to go wrong and passes every torture test on the planet.

You will love your Glock! Have fun!

· Registered
5,457 Posts
Too bad that you had to sell the 226 because it really is one of the great combat pistols but the gen 4 g19 is the best gun that glock has come up with imo. I shoot the best scores with my 226 and it's what I consider my best pistol but it's too heavy to carry compared to the g19 and few guns carry and shoot as well as the g19.

Congrats!

· Banned
353 Posts
ABERRANT-- don't apologize, and you don't have to explain your reasoning either, I get it....most of us here have traded guns for what ever reason...the good thing is that you made a well informed decision, you made some $$$ on your Sig...you made a great choice with the G-19...you're good to go....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.