close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Well we survived open weekend of pheasant season in Kansas

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by kels, Nov 14, 2004.

1. kels

kels

For all of you who came to Kansas, had a good time,
    and did things right, way to go.
    I hope you got lots of pheasants and quail.

These suggestions are for the rest of the morons.

1. DO NOT SHOOT OTHER PEOPLE.

2. Do not shoot towards state highways.
    There is at least one marked Sheriff's car that
    got hit today. DUH

3. Pick up your damn trash. Every CRP field has a trash pile
    by it, where some pig was to lazy to pick his stuff up.

4. There is no reason to buy 6 cases of beer at 5 am in the morning.
    (see 3 above, put your trash in a trash can)

5. Do NOT shoot deer. I dont care how big the buck is. Its
    not deer season yet. PS Wildlife and Parks will be glad to
    arrest you for it.

6. To the idiot who shot a doe and left it to suffer for 12 hours
    with a broken back. I hope I find you, I will take you to jail.
    I had to get out of bed this morning and go put the animal out of
    its suffering.

7. I dont care how much of a hurry you are in, 25mph over the limit is still a ticket.

8. Drive on your side of the road. It pisses off people when you
    hit them.

All in all it was a good weekend. Still a little pissed about the deer.

2. jtshombre

jtshombre

Sounds like you had a hell of day. I agree with you about the doe, if any of the morons can't follow these simple rules, they shouldn't be out there with guns anyway, IMHO! 6 cases of beer at 5 A.M., what's that, breakfast of ex-champions?!?

Hang in there pard.

3. Hunterjbb

Hunterjbb

I could not go this year, last year I hunted down near wichita with my brother and some friends.. was a hoot, been out several times. Funny you mention about a deer..

We are out in the middle of nowhere pushing a field and we jump a nice young buck, bout 8 points smaller mass on the horns. as we watch him run away we were kidding around and kept hunting the field, about 30 seconds later we hear tires squealing and a loud "thunk".. we were all like "What the heck" .. I mean the farms on this road are miles apart.. no traffic.. or so we thought

We get to the road and there is the buck, dead as hell and an older gentleman and his wife in a buick.. with the front right smashed in.. they were heading back to Oklahoma and the buck and they just happened to meet on the road at the exact same time.. go figure the chances of that.. they were ok and the car was functional..

Farmer we were with called the Warden when we got back to the house.. I think one of the farmers close by ended up picking up the deer..

Hope the season is better this year out there, was not all that spectacular last year when i was out.. But then again hunting in a party of 30 is not my idea of safe.. last year there were just 4 of us.. much nicer but harder to hunt..

Jeff.

4. HunterCO

HunterCO

Best season in a long time we got more birds than ever before.

Kels you forgot one more thing Don't shoot up property. I could not believe how many places I went back to this year only to see farm equipment, cars, trucks and just about every thing else shot up.:(

I hunted pheasants around Tribune and it was great. 12 licenses and by lunch on saturday we had over 20 birds in the truck. We missed more than we shot it was a great time. :)

5. Hunterjbb

Hunterjbb

bummed i did not go out.. Spoke to my brother who tells me it was one of the best opening weekends they have hunted in quite some time.. :( well there is next year..

As a young kid growing up in PA that was one of the biggest days i waited for in anticipation was opening day of pheasent season.. man i think i can honestly say that i enjoy that more then deer hunting..

I know we hunted around Pratt the first year i went out.. and down toward Wellington the other days we hunted and his friends family farm..

Very nice area's to hunt and was very enjoyable.

Jeff.