Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 'little' common sense tells me that this stay at home order is saving may lives by keeping people away from the common flu , accidents , and other dangers we would face if we were going out like normal ?
BUT
That can work both ways as being coped up is not good for us either or is being scared to go to the ER .....( oh? Ill bet it's Gas ) & stay home when it's The Big One as Fred Sanford used to say ?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
My exercise routine and daily routine being impacted have definitely negatively impacted my physical and mental health. So, I’m not a denier, but I’m skeptical of how this has all been handled.

·
Registered
5,814 Posts

·
Registered
10,376 Posts
I’ll likely mow this afternoon after the storms pass. Grocery shopping tomorrow with a mask on. Harley ride after. Might take the boat out Wednesday. Wife wants to take our bicycles to the park for a trail ride. There are things we can do while avoiding people. Anything is better than glued to the news show or some bloated head on talk radio show.

·
NRA Life Member
29,340 Posts
We are saving money too. My car insurance company ( USAA ) said they are rebating 20% of two months payments because people are not driving as much.

·
Registered
11,225 Posts
Nothing much has changed for us, living the normal rural life. Home, working on the farm most of the time. Occasional trip to town. TV on no more than a few hours, most days. Love the rural life. So glad we're not in the rat race anymore.

Our children living in major cities, are coping fairly well also.

·
With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,894 Posts
What kind of rope do you prefer? There are tens of thousands of laws on the books long before the order. I bet hundreds that you fully support.
Sure. Murder, rape, assault, child molestation, and robbery are against the law juat as they should be. Of course they are actual laws and not "executive orders".

Reactions: jimcorbin

·
Sneet
16,168 Posts
We are saving money too. My car insurance company ( USAA ) said they are rebating 20% of two months payments because people are not driving as much.
I haven't seen that yet. My bill is still the same. Or do the rebate it, after you pay?

·
NRA Life Member
29,340 Posts
I haven't seen it either. Here it is on their website. Evidently you don't have to do anything to get it; it will be automatic in a few weeks.

https://www.usaa.com/inet/wc/coronavirus-info-usaa-members

"
Message from the CEO
Dear Fellow Member,

We understand the impact this pandemic is having on our country, and especially the military community, many of whom also are on the front lines of the crisis. During these uncertain times, we recognize our members are stretched more than ever. We are working every day to provide assistance. Based on members driving less and fewer accidents, we are able to return $520 million to USAA members who have an auto insurance policy.

Every member with an auto insurance policy in effect as of March 31, 2020, will receive a 20% credit on two months of premiums in the coming weeks. All told, we're returning about $520 million. You will not need to call or take any other action.

Our 35,000 employees remain committed to providing great service to you — even when they do it from their home office or kitchen table. USAA has been facilitating the financial security of military members for nearly 100 years, and this is another way we serve you.

Respectfully,

Wayne Peacock

Chief Executive Officer

·
MacGyver
7,587 Posts
"Give me liberty or give me death."

As you pursue your liberty, you drag many along with you. You may survive to enjoy the freedom, but others you have been linked to have not been given that freedom of choice, may not want to suffer nor die because of your involvement in infecting them.

·
With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,894 Posts
As you pursue your liberty, you drag many along with you. You may survive to enjoy the freedom, but others you have been linked to have not been given that freedom of choice, may not want to suffer nor die because of your involvement in infecting them.
Sounds like you want to live in Venezuela or Best Korea.

Tell those people to stay home, wear a mask, and wash their hands frequently.

I'm going to live my life.

·
NRA Life Member
66,479 Posts
6 feet apart or 6 feet under, your choice.
Nonsense.

Partially off-topic, but:
Just saw a headline from the local lefty paper about panic among teenagers over the coronapocalypse. Something like 28 times as many of them died from the seasonal flu last year and nobody blinked an eye, but tell people they are supposed to panic and they will. Parents who used to hope for their kids to get chickenpox and get it over with, are terrified of COVID 19, which hadn't killed 1/10 as many as the chickenpox did before vaccine. Even if juvenile deaths continue for a full year at the current pace, they won't come anywhere close to the flu death rate for the same age group - maybe 10-15% of it.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts