Well today was exciting-ish

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Mrs. VR, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Mrs. VR

Mrs. VR Sharon, you will be missed.

VR JR moved back to college. They are in an apartment dorm that is literally bigger than my first, and probably my second apartment. It came fully furnished with a very nice full size kitchen, large closets and 2 baths!!! I'm gonna make him measure out the sq.ft.!! I kinda got used to having him home again. I know he will be home for holidays and breaks, but I think next spring he's going straight into an off campus apartment. I hope. So hard. :beer:

And now it's 3:30. I have to be at work in Baltimore tomorrow for 4.5 hours of title ix training. I tried binge watching ghost whisperer cause it always makes me cry which makes me sleepy, but if I don't fall asleep soon, you might have some entertaining things to wake up to!!!
    :animlol:

I may have sime very very large news ( no, I'm not pregnant, nor am I going to be a grandma, but I can't tell yet and it's killing me, so I'm allowing you all to suffer along with me!!:innocent:

Jason D likes this.
  2. Mrs. VR

Ooh! Almost forgot. Two younger kids went in a CAP trip to greenbank observatory. They left at 5am on Friday (willingly) and came back late this afternoon. The big kids have both been at least twice, and it's why VR it is taking an astronomy minor. Daughter said it was much more fun this time because she understood so much more. Littlest VR LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!!! I'd actually like to go someday.

Jason D likes this.

3. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

Spoiling the boy. My college dorm was one room with three guys in it, the bathroom was down the hall shared by the whole floor, and no kitchen or amenities. That's what the dining hall was for. But that was a hundred years ago.

TX OMFS likes this.
  4. Mrs. VR

:fred:

Funny thing is, I went to the same school. This was not an option for me either!!

Jason D likes this.
  5. Mrs. VR

Also forgot to mention, there is huge construction going on right behind and next to his building. They start at 7am. They offered earplugs if needed. :freak:

Jason D likes this.
  6. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

College boys never sleep in after 7am anyway. They have studies to do and have to be ready for their 8am class.....

Mrs. VR likes this.
  7. blackjack

blackjack

Yeah...in Bizarro World...:supergrin:

kirgi08 likes this.
  8. willie_pete

willie_pete NRA Life Member

NRAO is a great place; been there a few times. Then go visit the Greenbriar and tour the underground bunker.

wp

Mrs. VR likes this.
  9. uhlawpup

uhlawpup l'Italia s'è desta

Say, did that apartment come equipped with a shovel and a bin?

I'm old, but I still remember university.

Mrs. VR likes this.
  10. Mrs. VR

A- three out of the four are up by like 5am 3 days a week for apt anyway. It makes them wake up early on tu/th too. I hope roommate number 4 realizes that

B- I've never had a chance to go to Greenbank, ( I know we are talking about the same place though) but it appears to be life changing, for my kids at least.

C- roommate number 4 is 21. Enuff said. Well not quite enough to; the other 3 are smart, and highly motivated to stay in ROTC.

Jason D likes this.
  11. blackjack

blackjack

Just remember you are in a radio quiet zone and there is no cell service.

12. willie_pete

willie_pete NRA Life Member

In fact, IIRC, if you are transmitting ANYTHING, they will track you down with a mobile unit and fine you.

wp

13. JustMelissa

JustMelissa

Met the Mr. in AFROTC.. I was over 21.. apparently a hot commodity to be able to buy for our DET shenanigans.. though I have to say we we're pretty responsible.
    Actually one cadet did get pregnant after a night of Boone's Strawberry, but I wasn't involved in the purchase of such swill and did not condone drinking it with a straw to speed along the affects.

Mrs. VR likes this.
  14. InValhalla

InValhalla

Mrs VR.... is your son in ROTC? If so, which one?

My son is AFROTC - senior this year. He's got a pilot slot already and is off to pilot training next spring. He can't wait... mom is not looking forward to it

IV

15. SC Tiger

SC Tiger As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Mine was a room about the size of a walk-in closet with two of us. Community bathroom down the hall.

I'm not surprised colleges are going away from this arrangement as they build new dorms. Some even buy old hotels in the area and convert them.

16. Huaco Kid

Huaco Kid

My dorm experience took place in an old Air Force housing complex. A cinderblock room big enough to hold three cots and three lockers.

Due to childhood jobs, I was always a very early riser. At school I'd be the first one in the whole building to wake up. That way, I'd get all the hot water I needed and didn't have to shower with twenty other guys.

I immediately got a part-time job. I was able to afford an apartment after two semesters.

17. pag23

pag23 NRA Life Member

Is the big news that you bought an HK VP9...:devildance:

Ah.. College move in..I remember those days...:cheers:

18. David2015

David2015

Does your son know the international meaning of a man's neck tie hanging from a door knob in a college setting? :whistling: When you have roommates, you have to know things like that.

Neck tie.jpg

Mrs. VR likes this.
  19. Mrs. VR

Used to be, and that's all the tin foilers were building out there, but according to my son, they now have safe rooms where you can use a cell phone. I suppose that doesn't apply to the area at large though.

Jason D likes this.
  20. Mrs. VR

Yes,Army. If you remind me at the end of the week, I might have more to add. Right now I'm under condition STFU. ;)

Jason D likes this.