Glock Talk banner

Well, this never happened before......

616 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  WESTLAW13
I just put a snapcap in a new Gen 4 17 and pulled the trigger. Now the trigger stays completely to the rear and I cannot rack the slide to the rear. Any ideas?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Glock Fanboi
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Solved. Shot some Slip 2000 down the bore, left muzzle up for a few minutes, racked slide-with a bit more effort. Cause. Old snapcap, was slightly deformed where it headspaced, caused more drag than normal when it was being extracted. I do not like to force things-but this time it worked.

Reactions: clamcop369

· Registered
173 Posts
Solved. Shot some Slip 2000 down the bore, left muzzle up for a few minutes, racked slide-with a bit more effort. Cause. Old snapcap, was slightly deformed where it headspaced, caused more drag than normal when it was being extracted. I do not like to force things-but this time it worked.
I have had similar problems also with snap caps in rifles and handguns. After some use plastic and aluminum snap caps no longer meet any size specifications. I have had bolt action rifles, AR-15s, auto loading pistols, and some revolvers with chambering and extraction problems with snap caps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.