Well, my bikes on it's way out the door

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by White Buffalo, May 24, 2005.

1. White Buffalo

White Buffalo No Compromise.

I've rebuilt the carbs for the last time today. It's an '81 cb900. Great bike, absolutely love it. Got the power to keep me up with alot of the cruisers and it's retro as hell, but I'm gonna go back to my roots. One of my riding buddies turned me onto this oldschool cat here in nashville that goes by the handle Panhead Phil. He owns music city motorcycles. He's got a '62 ironhead ratbike at his shop for sale at a reasonable price. Rigid frame (paughco if I'm not mistaken), springer front end and seat. Black as Al Sharpton with red powdercoated rims. Gonna change a few things to it, but not much. Fab my own straightpipes, throw on some apes and maybe reinforce the rear fender (or lack thereof) to support a lick and stick seat for my wife whenever she wants to hop around. Pretty stoked about wrenchin on an ironhead again. Should get it in a few months, depending on the sale of my current bike. Just thought that I'd share my excitement.

2. norton

norton

Does your 81 have the 10 speed transmission?

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

What's wrong with having both the CB and the chopper?

4. White Buffalo

Norton, yes.

fnfalman, nothing wrong with keeping it, it just won't be riden very often. I'm not taking anymore interstate rides in the forseeable future. Hell, except for the occasional ride out to gatlinburg, I doubt that I'll be riding much out of the city any longer. Most of my riding consists of downtown bar hopping with me and a regular crew of about 10. Most of which are on chops now. It just makes more sense to let the old bird go to someone who will ride a tourer like a tourer. It's got about 40,000 miles on it. All but about 5,000 are interstate miles. She's got alot of life left in her and just doesn't seem right to not put another 40,000 interstate miles on it.

5. DaisyCutter

DaisyCutter

The huge puddle of oil on the floor of the garage where the chopper sits.. collecting dust while you ride the fun bike.

6. White Buffalo

Apparently, you've either never riden a well built chopper or you just have never riden one at all. I'll take an agile, light weight stripped down bare essential bike with low end torque any day of the week over any other bike ever made.... for the type of riding I'm doing now. Again, rigid down't make for a fun 8 hour long ride, but I'm not doing those anymore.

7. KNOW 1

KNOW 1

to make the rest of us feel envious and look silly, thanx, misson accomplised.

Now, ride, bruthu', ride.

8. DaisyCutter

DaisyCutter

It really didn't occur to you that I was joking?

9. White Buffalo

I'm pretty dense at times;g

;c