Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
GLOCK 44, Ruger SR1911 LW Cdr 9mm, Taurus M669 .357/.38 6" barrel. Brno 452 .22LR, Ruger 10/22
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heard about this

Guess I'll never get to visit now.. So that's one thing struck off my bucket list..!!

·
Registered
GLOCK 44, Ruger SR1911 LW Cdr 9mm, Taurus M669 .357/.38 6" barrel. Brno 452 .22LR, Ruger 10/22
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you want to go to that shoot specifically? If you just want to shoot a machine gun there are other places you can do that legally…you know?
Yeah, always wanted to visit Knob Creek. Nearly got there the last time we went to the US, but other stuff got in the way, sadly. Not too bothered about actually shooting m/g's, did enough of that in the British Army, just thought the place, and event, looked cool. Would have loved to visit when Gunny Ermey was still around. Hoo Rah..

·
Cuhootnified Roamer
10,004 Posts
Shame. I’ve been wanting to go for a couple years as well but my travel schedule never coincides.

Reactions: Joshhtn

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Back in the day it was wild.
Plenty of mags and ammo I bought back then, plenty of muddy fields to park in.
Oh well.

·
Come on man!!
16,556 Posts
I just called Knob Creek to confirm this and it is indeed true.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You still have a chance.

I've never been but always wanted to go, it's a six-hour drive for me, probably less for you, and I'm seriously thinking about it since this is the last one.
A little more than six hours for me.. I am 3,819.569 miles away.. 😭 😭 😭

Reactions: Out West

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just called Knob Creek to confirm this and it is indeed true.
Did you sob when you spoke to them..?? Wonder if they still have t-shirts for sale??

·
Registered
21,416 Posts
That's too bad. That was becoming a great American tradition

Reactions: Joshhtn

·
Registered
73 Posts
thanks for the Heads Up, may have to make the run, not too bad from here n AR. Has anyone been to the explosives meet up n MO? think they was doing once or twice a year too

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
This is sad news. I have been to a few machine gun shoots there, as it is fairly close to my house. Never saw anyone act rude or disrespectful at those events. It was a fantastic show for sure. Saw some amazing weapons. It will be missed.

·
NRA Life Member
29,331 Posts
A few other places still do it. My old club in Marietta, OH still does two a year AFAIK.

I was one of the RO's during the shoot. Most guys would let you shoot whatever they had. I was able to shoot everything from an AR-180 to a Russian anti-tank gun and a suppressed Barrett.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts