close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Well i'm starting a log to keep myself accountable.

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by notoriouskeef, Apr 22, 2006.

1. notoriouskeef

notoriouskeef Keef

Motivation is a tough factor for me. I was doing great, and then didn't workout for over a week and ate crap. Maybe this will help me. I hope you all don't mind. If I don't post my workout routine in more then two days. please, barage my pm's....

I also pissed myself off today. i weighed in at 243, when last week i was 236. i have a goal of 220 by June 15th.

April 21st
    15 mins treadmil
    15 mins eliptical
    15 mins bike

no junk food pop or other junk, just some cofee to try and keep myself up for this night shift.

My goals for 22nd april, same as 21st with pushups situps.

Matt

2. notoriouskeef

notoriouskeef Keef

April 22nd
    15 mins treadmil
    15 mins eliptical
    15 mins bike
    pushups/situps

weighed in at 238 this morning.

no junkfood, pop. just cofee for tonights shift again.

goals for the 23rd of april.

Same as 22nd.

Matt:cool:

3. California Jack

California Jack Millennium Member

Great job in starting a log! I post one on a fitness related forum. Keep it up!

4. notoriouskeef

notoriouskeef Keef

Didn't realize today the 23rd was sunday. Shift work, I never know what day it is lol.

Off day today.

Weighed in at 237:)

goals for the 24th

15 min treadmil
    15 min eliptical
    15 min bike.

pushups situps

Matt

edit to add. last night I almost ate a reeses penut butter cup, but held back. man I love those things :clown:

5. notoriouskeef

notoriouskeef Keef

weighed in at 236 this morning.
    goals accomplished on the 24th.

Same goals for the 25th.

Matt

6. notoriouskeef

notoriouskeef Keef

I am finding it very hard to motivate myself to workout between my 12 hour shifts. I don't even want to. If i do, it means that I do nothing but sleep, workout, and work. It's not even worth it.

Fortunately i usually work 3 on 3 off or 4 on 4 off. right now i'm plannin on working out every day I have off, and if I find the motivation to do it between shifts.

Matt:upeyes:

7. California Jack

Don't give up. You're doing great. You just may have to rethink your program on your workdays!

Do you think you could squeeze in a 20 minute workout in on your workdays? How about a 4 minute workout?

If so, I think I could give you a couple of suggestions that might help? Let me know.

Jack

8. notoriouskeef

notoriouskeef Keef

Ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Matt

9. California Jack

I'm really busy the today and the last few days mostly with my kids. I'll try to post some things tomorrow.

10. ElectricZombie

ElectricZombie

Working a night shift makes getting to the gym tough sometimes...Stick with it though. Best of luck.

11. California Jack

Matt,

Sorry for the wait. Please correct me where I'm wrong.

I assume you workout at some sort of gym or fitness center, correct? If so, part of the time demand on your working days isn't just the workout time, but travel time to and from the gym.

There are a couple of short duration equipment free things you can do at home. One, do bodyweight Tabata squats. Google Tabata or perhaps Tabata Protocol. All in all it is 20 seconds of full out exercise followed by 10 seconds of rest. This is repeated for a total of 8 cycles, only 4 minutes. It is hell on earth 4 minutes. Doesn't sound like much, but it is effective for weight loss. I'd rest on the other two days. Of course Tabata works for other things, you could try Tabata sprints.

Two; Google 'Body for Life' or 'Bill Phillips' of 'Hi-point training'. It is a 20 minutes interval training method. It is effective for weight loss. You could do it running outdoors. Do this as time and energy permit.

One more thing. You could purchase a 30 to 40 pound dumbell and do either dumbell swings or one hand snatches alternating hands for 15 to 20 minutes or so. Say sets of 10 to 20 with 30 to 60 secs of rest between sets.

One last thing. Some peolpe believe, and I have had anectdotal experience, that cardio before breakfast and not eating for an hour after morning cardio accelerates weight loss.

Good luck and please ask any questions. Keep me/us posted,

Jack