GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
59,812 Posts
The grips rock. And I say that knowing that I have a certain sense of firearms aesthetics that allows me a taste that is truly timeless and for the ages which in reflected by sometimes carrying this one unconcealed.
P245.jpg

·
Registered
517 Posts
Wow so its OK to open carry if your job demands it but if your just a normal citizen your a tool for doing it?
I can not wrap my head around that mentality. I carry for work and see open carrying all the time and its no big deal.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I always dress up my 1911s with nice grips. It's an individual thing. I prefer a nice wood, or stag horn, even some alumagrips, but Pink is just not my color.
s45

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Wow so its OK to open carry if your job demands it but if your just a normal citizen your a tool for doing it?
I can not wrap my head around that mentality. I carry for work and see open carrying all the time and its no big deal.
Most open carriers I've seen do not represent well. So many project a body language and attitude that I don't care to be associated with. I don't care for the attention, I try to remain the "Gray Man".
s45

·
Registered
16,889 Posts
So other conversations aside, what do y'all think about the grips?
Pretty cool in my opinion, only other thing I would add would be a small silver ribbon inlaid on each one. That would clue folks in about the motivation.

If your coworkers are anything like most of the LEO I know, expect lots of Kaitlyn jokes and maybe a new bustier left hanging in front of your locker.

·
Registered
16,889 Posts
If anybody has ever been to a place where OC is acceptable... there is very little concerns by those folks who see it everyday. The more people that see It... the more acceptable it becomes. Obviously... there's a bunch here on GT who don't get out much... or who think that they are the only ones who should be able to carry. Now... the folks who go out carryin' AR's and such for public "shock" value... I disagree with that. However... if it was common-place over a period of time... those rifle-carriers would get absolutely bored because nobody would notice 'em. Ya have to "ease" folks along... over time.
I live in a town that is the home turf for municipal, county, sheriff's department and state police. It is also home to the county court house. On any week day, you go to any restaurant and most of the people inside will be open carrying, both in uniform and plain clothes. I've even turned it into sort of a game, where when there is an 'unarmed' person in street clothes sitting with a bunch of uniformed officers, I try to spot their carry. IBW is fairly easy to spot, just look at their pants cuffs when they are standing and see which one is lower. Ankle carry is the hardest to spot, especially if they have carried that way for a while and are no longer self conscious about it.

Another thing I've noticed is how the legal community and LEO interact when outside the courtroom, not unusual to see the DA, PD and a couple detectives having lunch together, then appearing in the same courtroom an hour later. It is just a job to them, and only natural they would form friendships with people they see every day.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts