close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Well.... I rented every .45 Glock makes....

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SKYWLKR, Sep 29, 2003.

1. SKYWLKR

SKYWLKR

After all this talk of the 30 I had to see for my self.

Rented the 30 first, very nice kinna small sight radius but it is soft shooting and fits OK. Could be a little less thick but for 11 rounds of .45 I cant complain. The 21 mag with a filler would have been nice to try, the 21 mag by itself was decent.I think this is the money. just wish it had a bit more sight radius for plinking and just plain shooting fun.

Then the 36, that little sucker hits hard I had a hard time making a decent follow up with my weak hand. Very snappy and not skinny enough as to warrant it over the 30

Then the 21... all I can say is WOW that thing is a dream to shoot. The grip is large but very little recoil, it may cause a problem in a retention situation but it's not really a carry gun (to big) so I don’t think I will have any problems.

With all of them the accuracy is excellent I kept a mag full of rounds in a 6" circle at 25 yards with all 3. And I could empty a mag pretty quick into the same at 20ft.(I had fun when every one came over to watch me tear up the little silhouette (2 mags worth from the 21) in the upper left hand corner after I ragged out the center mass, heart and head shot areas and was to cheap (read broke)to get another target.

I even held the 37 but they had no rounds so I could not rent it.

I like it a lot, I hope the round feels like the .45 ACP cause I can hold on to it well. If the round catches on any it'll be definite purchase. the slide looks fine and not out of proportion at all due to the bevel cut made on the bottom edge of the slide.

My main Goal was a plinking/shootin competition / Bed side gun and maybe a CCW gun.

So I think I'm leaning towards the 30 and then later a 21 and then the 19.

I also fired 8 diff rounds (total of about 200) factory and reloads thought my Kel-tec P-11 and it still has not had a malfunctioned yet (well after the first 100 or so break in rounds anyway) prolly 2500 rounds fired now(I was testing out a new mag.)I guess it is still my choice for CCW with the P-32 (soon P-3AT) as a back up /warm weather weapon.

2. timish

timish

Great Post!!

I was torn between the 21 and the 30 myself. I shot the 21 as a rental a bunch of times and did well.

I still chose the 30 without firing it first over the 21.

I'm going out to pick up a 21 next month after my stupid 30 day Kali waiting period elapses in between gun purchases.

It's either the 21 or a Springfield loaded 1911.

Can't decide though.

3. SKYWLKR

SKYWLKR

I'm a very big 1911 fan but I would recomend the 21. the mag will fit the 30 and the Glocks shoots softer than any 1911 I've shot plus 14 round capable.

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Shot my G37 for the first time on Saturday--a real sweet shooter. I also have a G21 and G30, but already like the G37 best.