Glock Talk banner

Well, I did it.....

1148 Views 19 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  nitesit(+ an e)
Gun Firearm Trigger White Gun accessory
Gun Firearm Trigger White Line

I am now a card carrying member of the 1911 club. Today I scored on a deal I couldn't pass up, even though it's a Taurus. The price was right and options were spot on.
Pachmayer finger grooved grip, on a very nice blue finish. He threw in an nice set of Brownell double diamond grips to complete the deal.
I went to the range and put a box through it, it performed great.
2006 vintage, I think this is an older model, it only has a right handed safety. What a buzz! I wanted a 1911 so bad, when this one came up I watched it for a month.
Now I have my foot in the door I forecast a 10mm on my short list.
Now my plan is to sell off and give some select friends a gift.
Elwood
Edit:
I did upload pics today.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
45,276 Posts
Congratulations. 1911 is a very nice pistol to shoot.

· Registered
6,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congratulations. 1911 is a very nice pistol to shoot.
Thank you.
All these years and all the he guns I've bought and sold, I never had one. I remember looking at the Colt Delta Elite the year it first came out and said to myself back then I want one.
Now I have an entry level 1911 and I'm very satisfied. Now to get rid of a bunch of dead weight and work on that 10mm version.
It's a pretty good day!

Elwood

· Registered
45,276 Posts
My first pistol was an early military 1911 and a joy to shoot, ammo was just too expensive for me at that time.

Later I bought an early model used Kimber Stainless. It has become my final test to see if my shooting problems are me or the pistol. It is never the Kimber.

· Registered
6,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The one thing I would like to change is to see if there is another grip safety that has a 5 or 6 mm taller pad. When I shoot it, the web of my hand doesn't always depress all the way down. I guess I'm going to just have to shoot more rounds of through it. :supergrin:

· Registered
205 Posts
Congrats, I have had one of these things since right after they became available. I have had zero problems with mine and it has a nice trigger. It is not the most accurate of my 45's but I still like it. The only thing I have found I don't like is the Henie sights.

· Registered
6,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats, I have had one of these things since right after they became available. I have had zero problems with mine and it has a nice trigger. It is not the most accurate of my 45's but I still like it. The only thing I have found I don't like is the Henie sights.
I am open to new and innovative technologies and when I saw the Heinie sights I was anxious to try them out.
During slow fire trying to feel out the new pistol the two new things for me was the sights and grip safety. I have to find someone to work the grip safety for me because I was having misfire type issues but I believe that can be solved relatively easy. But the Heinie sights are not very friendly for me. Again during slow fire no matter how much time I took to line up the sights I shot low. I'm tempted to put a divider line on the front sight post and remove one and a half milemeter. If that doesn't solve the shooting low problem I'll consider new sights.

· Registered
205 Posts
But the Heinie sights are not very friendly for me. Again during slow fire no matter how much time I took to line up the sights I shot low. I'm tempted to put a divider line on the front sight post and remove one and a half milemeter. If that doesn't solve the shooting low problem I'll consider new sights.
That's what I don't like about them. They are set up for what some call a "combat hold". What it means is when you align the sights you put the front dot on the bulls eye. In other words you cover up the point of impact of the bullet. That is the way my Sig SP2022 and most other Sigs as well are set up. Here is a pic of what I am talking about. You need to use pic #3. Forget about the three dots and align the top of the sight.

· 1911 lover
8,371 Posts
I bought one of those just to check it out. It worked 100 percent of the time out of the box and still does. It shoots a loose group at 25 yards but it runs every time. I was not amazed by the cheap finish, but its a lot of gun for the money and it does work. If you are on a budget you have a 1911 that is reliable and good enough accuracy for typical 5 to 7 yard defensive use. I would run it with your chosen defense ammo before trusting it. like any pistol run some rounds thru it to be sure it is working for you .

· Registered
3,497 Posts
Congrats, lets see some pics of your new gun.

· Registered
6,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK so I snapped some photos and I have an account with Photo Bucket and the pics won't upload. Any suggestions or is there another site to download to?
Have pictures, would like to post.
Elwood

· Registered
6,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I hope this shows up.
I do dig the Pachmayar grips, i didnt think i would like it that much.
The finish is actally in fair shape for all of the inrernet hype. It needs a good clean and oiling after some range time.
Gun Firearm Trigger White Gun accessory
Gun Firearm Photograph Trigger White

· Registered
205 Posts
Nice looking shooter there. A PO removed the ambi safety for you. I like it better that way. One of these days I am gonna do that to mine and change the grips. Use sight image #3 and you are good to go.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.