close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Well? How was your Easter dinner?

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by Shoeless, Apr 11, 2004.

1. Shoeless

Shoeless Gun Totin' Girl

I feel like a big ol' tick about to pop! (eeewww that's gross, I know)

We had fresh fruit and veggies to start us off while we waited for the birds to cook... we had salad, green bean casserole, broccoli, baked corn pudding (MY recipe), fried turkey, roasted turkey, smoked ham, mashed potatoes with gravy and major desserts!! UGH. I'm stuffed, but it was a lot of fun!

How about you?

Shoeless

2. sigsrbest

sigsrbest "Clique"member

a slice of MRE ham , the applesauce , and the poundcake... nothing fancy for me today...

3. hispeedlodrag

hispeedlodrag needs vacation

Better than expected.
    Arugula salad with Gorgonzola, fried proscuitto, pears, and Bermuda onion; fresh gougeres, Creole crab deviled eggs; roasted baby leg of lamb with a mustard/rosemary/thyme rub and pinot sauce; fried polenta/gruyere sticks; asparagus with spicy hollandaise; white bean ragout; raspberry creme tart; white chocolate napoleon; and a large mess to clean.;)

4. SanduneCC

SanduneCC Senior Member

We went out to a Japanese "teppan-yaki" joint and had Filets, Shrimps, Scallops. Yum Yum Yum.

5. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

Went to a church potluck for lunch/dinner - was in a funk - so I only sampled the potato salad and a macaroni salad. Did not finish the macaroni salad... but desert; had a slice of my wife's apple pie and a half a slice of her frozen mocha cheesecake.

We were planning on smoking a tri-tip for supper that night but I was lazy/busy catching up on work stuff so we ate leftovers. Pretty good leftovers, but still fairly boring for Resurection Sunday dinner.

My own fault I was in a funk earlier in the day and did not eat, my wife and others tell me there was a lot of good food. :(

6. nickg

nickg

a big *** ham, lasagna, scalloped potatoes, buttered corn, peach pie, and strawberry shortcake.

i skipped the sweet potato casserole though.....UGGGHHH!!!! ;0 ;0

7. moeman

moeman

Hey-- hispeedlodrag! Fried proscuitto??? Never heard of it being fried-- what's up with that?

BTW: The highlight of Easter food was manacotti-- A homemade pasta dish that has very thin pasta wapped and folded around the stufing (like a small burrito) covered in sauce and baked. The stuffing has ricotta and marscarpone cheeses herbs and spices. Oh boy! The leftovers were downed in a midnight snack.