close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Well, another rider bit the dust

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by fnfalman, Jul 5, 2006.

1. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

The crane operator on our jobsite just got killed this 4th July weekend riding his Harley. Booze & riding don't mix. Apparently he went off the road while riding the switchbacks with a few in him.

2. kato4moto

kato4moto

And I heard from a reliable source that a 49-year-old participant died due to heat-related issues while competing in the 12-hour race at Glen Helen. Haven't seen anything in the papers about it, though. At least this guy probably wasn't drinking alcohol.

3. DaisyCutter

DaisyCutter

I wouldn't doubt it. I've gotten off my bike after a few 3-hour races to find that I can't hardly walk or talk. Ironically, when you're in race mode you don't notice how spent you really are.

Generally I crawl under my truck and pass out for a few hours, really.

FALman, sorry for the loss. It's a damn shame that something as fun as steetbikes has to be so risky. Did your buddy go quick or did he end up spending hours in excrutiating pain, wadded-up at the base of a mountain? What was the nature of the mortal injury, head trauma? bleeding? Prayers to his family.

4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

We're still trying to find out the specifics but apparently he died instantly. That much we know. We weren't tight but he was a good guy and a good worker.

5. wolfy692005

wolfy692005 pro tinkerer

was in key west for the 4th and saw a biker down down.. news is they died.. it didnt look good.. they were not at fault...