Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum and just bought my first gun, new to all this. I've spent hours researching on my own but can't figure this out. Perhaps someone can give me some advice. Looking for an OWB holster for my Glock 17 Gen 5 MOS. I have a Trijicon RMR Type 2 red dot and Streamlight TLR-7a on it. So a holster that can accommodate that. Not for concealed carry, just wearing around house mainly, self-defense.

My question: can you recommend a holster based on the above information?

Hopefully I'm posting this in the right place and this hasn't already been answered. I looked through a lot of posts and searched elsewhere for a long time. Thank you.

·
Registered
345 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you're looking for something a bit more comfortable - check out keyholeholsters.com
They make an affordable, hybrid holster with soft Leather backing & a custom molded kydex shell. They're Veteran owned & will work close with you to create exactly what you want. Tons of cool pics on their Instagram as well (Keyhole Holsters). I just ordered one for my Glock 19. The manager (Joe) is very nice & will communicate with you to get you the very best service.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
This should meet your needs (Werkz Light-bearing Holsters):

Werkz M7 OWB Holster
Hey thanks so much for the referral!

Having carried the Glock 19x / TLR7A / RMR in both our M6 and M7 holsters for quite some time (I'm wearing AIWB right now), I have to say that it's hard to beat the comfort and convenience of the M7 using the Safariland paddle attachment. One additional advantage of all-Kydex is that the shell tends to keep its retention better over time, and tends to not change retention depending upon how tight it is to the body. I know I've had other holsters that I set the retention just right for standing, but then when I lean over, the retention loosens and the pistol starts to come out. While this is especially true with IWB, it can happen with OWB as well.

Anyway, I appreciate the reference and hope we can serve GT members with a great selection of holsters for pistols with lights and lasers. Blessings!

Shan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts