Glock Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Beretta 92FS Inox a couple weeks ago and ordered a bunch of Inox / stainless steel parts to go along with, including the original Beretta skeletonized Inox hammer and a spring kit from Wilson.

I have fitted all parts without issues but the new Inox hammer causes a really weird problem.

By pulling the trigger, the hammer jumps about 1/8” forward, and then I can decock the hammer with the trigger (or pull all the way through).

When I put the black hammer back in, this issue is gone. I compared both hammers side by side. The new stainless hammer had some minor imperfections that I removed with my dremel, but the problem didn't go away. Otherwise both hammers are identical in dimensions.

I managed to upload a short video showing the issue (this is a MOV video file directly out of my iPhone, every Windows Media Player will play it):

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=78292689738578028996

What could possibly cause this problem? What am I missing here?

I'm guessing the hammer gets stuck in position A:

I'd hate having to send my new gun in with a turnaround time of 4+ weeks.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Can't see the video without an account. Are you saying you pull the trigger in DA mode, don't pull all the way through, and it catches on half cock? If that's the case, perfectly normal.

Thanks for looking into this.

No account needed and no, in SA mode. What you are seeing on the download page is an unrelated advertisement banner. The link to the video is called IMG_2381.MOC and it is above. I marked the video file link below with an arrow:

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Since I'm not there to see things, I'm kind of at a loss for a solution, other than the half cock notch on the new hammer being the problem.

Since the pistol functions with the original parts, I wouldn't do anything to the sear until you resolve the problem. You might just be compounding things.

Very sorry I can't offer any suggestions other than a close comparison of the original hammer and the Inox hammer, which it sounds like you've already done.

Dave

·
Banned
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I put both hammer on top of each other, centered them with the hammer pin, put them under my digital microscope and was finally able to make out the difference.

The new stainless hammer has more material on the double action ramp.

I took my dremel to it and guess what, it finally works. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.