Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t remember many dreams. But damn, last nights was vivid. No alcohol or weird foods.

Lady making a scale model of a Star Wars Imperial Star Destroyer.

Past work site with some building modifications and receptionist at the time.

Interview with a Nascar owner who needed a driver. Hired. Drove in his high end BMW without a dash cluster through rural WI back to his headquarters. Passed a burned out restaurant I know of with construction lights on inside. Name of his company is fictional.

Wife. No kids.

My last house. But different interior layout.

I don’t know what it all means. My mind is on overdrive this morning.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reactions: -JCN-

·
Diva extraordinaire
16,799 Posts
I don’t know what it all means.
It means you are abnormal and need to go see a doctor.

Just kidding. I think people try to read way too much into dreams. It's just your mind wandering. Unless you are having frequent nightmares, that could be an indication that something is troubling you.

I almost never remember my dreams. Unless it involved Brad Pitt LOL.

·
Registered
12,071 Posts
yes, thats a lot to remember as far as dreams go. if i remember a dream, it's bits and pieces. some days i am at the edge of remembering a dream, but it just stays out of reach. like being teased, it can drive me crazy.

·
Know-It-All
2,422 Posts
If we could record dreams I think it would be a lot like watching a rerun of an old show that was totally interesting at the time but just doesn't go anywhere on the second watch.

Reactions: -JCN-

·
Registered
25,955 Posts
I kinda' wish that they had a VCR that you could hook up to your head and record your dreams to watch later.

One second thought, maybe that's not such a good idea with some of them.

File a freedom of information request to the NSA - they have been monitoring our dreams ever since 911.

·
Registered
25,955 Posts
I will be having a dream - then wake up in the middle and think WTH was that! - fall back asleep and the dream restarts.

Ever dream you were using a fire hose to put out a fire --

Then wake up and have to pee really really really bad?

·
Registered
25,955 Posts
Bugs me when I wake up from a dream and think - wow that was so weird - I need to remember that tomorrow -

Then in the morning - I recall having a strange dream - remember waking up and thinking I wanted to remember it - but can't.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I was dreaming 3 nights ago I was purchasing guns and was having a great time as usual.....Woke up realized, damn, I wasn't purchasing those dreamed of guns...........until I opened up my email to 7 different "Congratulation You Won" on Gunbroker.....Apparently sleep meds took control, I have absolutely no re-collection of ordering 7 DD MK 18's.....My credit card states otherwise.....

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Most of my dreams seem to be about the same thing. I am late for work and I can't seem to get there. If I do get there, I am in a panic because my reports are late. Seems to follow that kind of theme about the job which I retired from 19 years ago. Sometimes I know I am retired but just decide to go back and keep working. Weird.

·
Native Mainiac
23,904 Posts
..............................................................................................................................

Ever dream you were using a fire hose to put out a fire --
Then wake up and have to pee really really really bad?
Mine are a little different.

I wake up and know that I HAD to pee really, really, really bad.

·
Registered
24,005 Posts
Had one a few days ago. I was back in the Marines but assigned to a media company doing a broadcast for Armed Forces Television about a National Guard unit that had lost a tank. I found the tank but some guys were roasting chickens over the engine. So I couldn’t take pictures of the missing tank or I wouldn’t get any chicken.

·
Registered
24,005 Posts
I was dreaming 3 nights ago I was purchasing guns and was having a great time as usual.....Woke up realized, damn, I wasn't purchasing those dreamed of guns...........until I opened up my email to 7 different "Congratulation You Won" on Gunbroker.....Apparently sleep meds took control, I have absolutely no re-collection of ordering 7 DD MK 18's.....My credit card states otherwise.....
I have a friend who dreamed he was driving a big yellow boat shortly after a surgery. He was taking pretty heavy meds for pain. Found out he had placed a bid on a yellow Cadillac convertible.

·
Former "Walmart Shopper"
4,697 Posts
So I'm sitting at the bar at Waffle House, when Albert King's band walks in and sits at a booth. We say hey to each other.

In walks Albert King, looking like someone kicked his puppy. He has a seat at the bar next to me, glaring at me, like I'm the one that kicked his puppy. From the band's table I hear "Oh boy, here we go...".

Albert: "I don't like the way you're eating that food!"

Me: "Yeah? Go sit somewhere else."

He glares at me for a few seconds, pulls out his .357 and points it at my nose...

Albert: "I SAID I DON'T LIKE THE WAY YOU'RE EATING THAT FOOD!!".

Albert King squeezes this trigger on that .357, and it goes snap, misfire.

What he didn't see, was that I had my 1911 stuck in his ribs, but I did not squeeze the trigger. Albert says "Alright, alright..." and the dream was over.

Please note, Albert King is one of my heroes, and one of my drummers played with him for 8 years. He told me that my dream sounded right on the money.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKY8KIt9kqc

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
At least three times a week I have a dream that I am back working, weird thing being all the factories I worked and some of the people are mixed together. I can not find a needed part or tool and the boss is no help.

·
Registered
291 Posts
so you actually spent $12k+-?

my wife would hang me!

·
Use it up, throw it away
9,181 Posts
I have weird ones all the time. When I go to bed I'm thinking "Let the show begin". It's fun.

Not always but sometimes they're lucid, and therefore I don't sweat when bad things happen (driving a big truck, knocking stuff down everywhere for example), but every now and then I figure I need to wake in order to get the hell out of there.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts