close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Weimaraners anyone?

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by FChen17213, Oct 18, 2006.

1. FChen17213

FChen17213

Anyone here love or own a Weimaraner? I have an 8-year old female named Zelda. She's silver. Lots of my friends have Weimaraners too. My friend's dad has 3 of them. They're such beautiful smart sweet dogs.

2. cutler686

cutler686 10-12

I was thinking about getting one not to long ago from a friend that was moving into a apt.
    I ended up not but now i wish i had.

Tell me a little about the breed. I very seldom here anything about them.

I have herd that they are basicly labs w/ 4 times the energy when they are young.

I wanted a pup to let me know when a stranger was comming and be a little more protective i guess.

3. alphacat

alphacat account deleted

I friend of mines son had two of them. Great dogs, very friendly. I wanted to get one but could never afford one.

alphacat

4. FChen17213

FChen17213

Your friend's right. They're extremely hyper and energetic. They need to be run around alot and get lots of exercise. At the same time, they crave attention and do need to be kept inside. Weimaraners are very smart too. Mine knows when I'm going to bed and usually is already on the bed waiting. When I take a shower in the evening to go out, she knows too and acts all sad. When you start packing suitcases, she knows that you're about to go out of town for awhile.

I would get a female Weimaraner because they are still slightly less hyper than a male one. My friend had to give his male to a farmer because he was so uncontrollable that he ate the siding off of his neighbor's wall. BTW, mine is very gun shy and wouldn't be a good hunting dog, although Weimaraners are generally pretty good pheasant and bird dogs.