Web page question

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Generalcarry, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Generalcarry

Generalcarry NRA Member

I would really like to start my own web page but don't know a good place to begin. Paranoia suggests there may be sites to avoid. I'm sure there are hundreds of "how to sites" but I figured someone here could recommend one for a beginner. If you could point me in a direction I'd appreciate it.
    The site would be mainly used as a means on communication (many photographs) with friends and family. I'd also like to add music, movie clips and whatever else there is to play with.
    Thanks

2. prism

prism more ammo

for making a web page, just search for

beginner html tutorials

and pick one you're comfortable with.

for putting many pictures on a page, a gallery program is a big time saver.

here's one to check out. http://www.ornj.net/webalbum/

3. cysoto

cysoto Gone Shooting!

If all you are looking to do is put together a page to share pics, music and messages with friends and family, you could try joining a community space like FaceBook or MySpace. They make it really easy to create a simple (yet great looking) personal page. For something a bit more elaborate, you can try working with something like MS Front Page. A software prog is going to be easier to master than learning html code (IMO).

4. havensal

havensal Getting older every day! CLM

Who is your ISP?

Mine is Verizon. They give me free web space and tools to build my own pages. Might be worth looking into. ;) :thumbsup:

5. elderboy02

elderboy02 Cincy Glocker

I would just write some HTML code in notepad and upload it. For beginners, I would recommend you buy Dreamweaver.

6. Generalcarry

Generalcarry NRA Member

Thanks, created a folder including HTML code tutorials (I never knew they existed), a couple galley sites, my ISP is Comcast and and the have some free help so I'm good to go.
    For what I've ever heard via the media, I thought MySpace was a kid site. The media painted a picture and I bought it.
    I learned a lot, Thanks!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: