Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my Kimber Custom II, I noticed this little bit of rough area on the bottom of the extractor channel at the front just in front of the extractor claw. Not sure if this is normal as it’s a bit raised like there is a non uniform tiny ridge. Don’t know if it’s from shooting or if it was there from manufacturing.

Though this is Kimber’s entry level 1911, the overall fit and finish is quite good, every Kimber I’ve seen has actually. So is this anything to even bat an eye at? It’s not looking like it comes in contact with the extractor claw so that’s good. No FTE’s of any kind. Only one FTF in several hundred rounds. Well maintained and lubed always.

·
Registered
8,517 Posts
I wouldn't let it concern you. I would though, make sure it doesn't protrude out past the breech face where it could catch the rim of the cartridge as it tries to slide up underneath it.

Wow....run-on sentence. Sorry.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey no worries thanks for the input. Saw some similar pics when searching online, maybe this is more common than I thought? Anybody notice this on their 1911’s? Specifically Kimbers?

·
Registered
8,517 Posts
Hey no worries thanks for the input. Saw some similar pics when searching online, maybe this is more common than I thought? Anybody notice this on their 1911’s? Specifically Kimbers?
I only inspect my guns when they stop working. :)

Reactions: Benello
1 - 4 of 4 Posts