Wear marks on G19 v4 from Hogue paddle

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Apollosmom, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Apollosmom

Apollosmom

Anyone having wear marks on their G19 slides from a Houge paddle holster? Mine has a fair rub on left side of the slide betweem Glock stamp and 19, another right after Austria, and a third agter the 9x19. They correspond to the three interior dimples of the Hogue....any recommendations on rubbing the marring out, or fixing the Hogue...or do I replace it?

2. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

Just quit using it, it's only going to get worse, probably should just send the gun and holster to me, I'll take care of it no worries

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

3. OBG17

OBG17

Guns get rub marks from holster wear whether they are leather or kydex. It's part of owning and carrying a gun. Rub some CLP or Ballistol on it and see if it comes off. If it doesn't, then look for another holster that won't leave as much of a mark as the Hogue. I have leather holsters for all my guns as well as some hybrids and kydex and at times I do get a mark here and there.

Aslan likes this.
  4. fastbolt

fastbolt

Handguns inserted and removed from holsters get rub & wear marks. Carrying them in holsters can cause further wear due to contact and friction in everyday conditions.

In earlier times some holster makers used silicone impregnated suede leather claimed to help reduce the resulting blemishing of blued finishes. It's questionable whether it worked, but it was a popular option advertised by leather holster makers. Whether the guns had bright lustrous blue or bright shiny nickel finish, they could all show wear marks. Shiny nickel guns could develop spots where the finishes became "fogged".

Plastic is also going to rub against guns during insertion/removal and carrying. The ones that use a design incorporating tension against the trigger guard can also mar the trigger guards of plastic frames (during insertion & removal).