close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WEAPONS; The Reason Why We Should

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by JBJ16, May 21, 2007.

1. JBJ16

JBJ16

2. romram

romram

An eye opener!:poke:

3. Dean

Dean

Jesus Christ almighty....Shocking, and horrible. Point taken. :drillsgt:

4. Poodle

Poodle

This item is more lobbying against on state sponsored genocide and terrorism. I don't think that private ownership of guns would mitigate this threat. The individual owner of a a gun would not be able to resist the military organization of a state.

Furthermore, gun ownership is a double edged sword. Case in point is the case wherein a police colonel was killed by armed robbers (who held up his van as he was ferrying passengers) when he was found to be armed. He was the only one killed among the passengers of the vehicle. This is hypothesis contrary to fact but it is probable that he would not have been shot if he were unarmed.

5. JBJ16

JBJ16

"The sheep would think that if he would just stay still, the lion or wolf would not pounce on him, and leave him alone."

"If you look like food, you will be eaten"

"I'd rather be judged by one, than carried by six"

That may be the case, operative word "individual". But I doubt it if the ordinary unorganized gun owning filipino, would just stand idle while govt. sponsored genocide is going on. Point is, if trycicle drivers, sidewalk vendors, jeepney drivers, etc. etc., can organize when their turf is threatened, I think the silent majority, which is us, gun owning middle income earners, would not just stand idle and watch.:hugs:

6. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Gunpowder Adik

That is why we should stock up also on ammo, besides preparing for the zombies and those infected by the T-virus. Remember shoot in the head or they'd keep on feeding :animlol: :animlol: :animlol:

7. JBJ16

JBJ16

That was supposed to be the funny part? Thanks for the laugh charlie-xray! Much obliged!!!
    :laughabove: :tongueout:

8. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

What if everyone in that van was armed?

9. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

I have no illussions that a gun owning population would be able to effectively resist government sponsored genocide IN THE INTERIM. BUT, resistance to such tyrrany can be eventually organized and ready access to arms is available. Small arms that can eventually be used to acquire better, much bigger and much powerful long arms

This is exactly the reason why our islamic brethren in the south can afford to fight our government to a stalemate. When they join the MILF and the MNLF, it is most likely that they bring their own private guns with them and not have to wait for an issue weapon.

10. JBJ16

JBJ16

Correct on all issues! Remember Rwanda, almost no firearms involved. 500,000 plus dead in two weeks of rampage with machetes. Would that have happend if the opposing populace was armed?

11. Evan N. Payawal

Evan N. Payawal

This item is more lobbying against on state sponsored genocide and terrorism. I don't think that private ownership of guns would mitigate this threat. The individual owner of a a gun would not be able to resist the military organization of a state.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

The individual may not...but a well-armed militia (an armed citizenry)...many believe is necessary to ensure a free state.

12. Evan N. Payawal

Evan N. Payawal

So that means if I don't have a gun, no one will hurt me?

Now if I had a dollar for every individual out there who was unarmed, but was killed anyway...
    Let's see...now there's six million Jews to start with...

13. Poodle

Poodle

What I said was, gun ownership is a double edged sword. I carry myself but I still think that gun ownership is a double edged sword.

14. royal glockster

royal glockster

Agree! Indeed a gun is a double edged sword. There are many stories to prove that. Some were even victims of their own guns. I'm so sorry for them...:sad:

15. Evan N. Payawal

Evan N. Payawal

Actually, I agree on this point, but for a different reason. I think it's a liability if you're forced to use it, as you become the bad guy now, even if you had every right to defend yourself, even in your own home.

I don't carry, simply because government doesn't allow it (for ordinary law abiding taxpayers like us), but I do own FAs to protect my home.

I still firmly believe, firearms OWNERSHIP by the citizenry helps ensure that government does not cross the line.

As you can see sir, firearms BEARING outside your home is another discussion altogether. This I believe is highly debatable.

16. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

Our government allows us to bear arms outside our homes through the PTCFOR.

MOST of the bad guys are out in the streets just waiting for an opportunity to pounce on law abiding tax payers.

17. atmarcella

atmarcella

in my cold dead hands.....