Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
I don't know about any companies, but that's kinda cool. Only thing I would be concerned about is humidity. What's the price for that set up?

·
NRA Life Member
72,229 Posts
so i am looking into a way that secures my guns but i dont want to buy some 1000 pound safe and try to take it up three floors...i know about secure it and gallow technologies ....are there any other companys out there that make sort of the same products.... View attachment 1068971
That looks cool and military-like, but it won't protect your guns from anything. You'd get better burglar protection and equal fire protection by just hiding them.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know about any companies, but that's kinda cool. Only thing I would be concerned about is humidity. What's the price for that set up?
about 2gs....one of the things these companies are saying is that the old school safes are the ones that rust guns and not theirs..something about all the carpet and particle board...

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those are basically pointless in a home...
the main reason i was looking at this was because i live in a 3 story town house and i was going to put this in a office at the top...and its only 271 pounds..plus the way the rifles go in you can just grab what you want in a second and dont have to dig in to a gun safe to get stuff in the back and dent and scratch up rifles..

·
Reformed 1911 Shooter
656 Posts
about 2gs....one of the things these companies are saying is that the old school safes are the ones that rust guns and not theirs..something about all the carpet and particle board...
They are full of crap. With that locker if it is humid in the room it is humid in the locker. With a safe there are things you can do to reduce the humidity.

Buy a safe from someone that will deliver it up those stairs.

·
NRA Life Member
13,636 Posts
I wouldn't say they are pointless. It will stop someone who has no business handling weapons--like a child--from handling weapons. But a determined crook? Nah... Smash and grab robber...yeah maybe depending on how long they are willing to spend in the dwelling.

Gun safes are mostly bogus deterrents. If you have a $25 harbor freight angle grinder or even a circular saw with a fiber blade you can get in a gun safe in about 10 minutes. There are a ton of videos online about this if you don't believe me. Your average gun safe can be peeled open like a can of sardines through the sides or top in no time flat. Think your $3,000 Browning gunsafe is bullet proof? Hah.

·
NRA Life Member
72,229 Posts
the main reason i was looking at this was because i live in a 3 story town house and i was going to put this in a office at the top...and its only 271 pounds..plus the way the rifles go in you can just grab what you want in a second and dont have to dig in to a gun safe to get stuff in the back and dent and scratch up rifles..
But for the protective value of that locker, you may as well just display them on wall racks.

·
Premium Member
5,630 Posts
Have you looked into a modular safes? Snapsafe is a well-known company ttat makes them.

It comes in pieces, but assembles into a "real" safe (residential security containers). The Titan's heaviest piece is the door, and is under 100 pounds. They have lots of options, and folks with houses with tricky turns on stairs, narrow doorways, weak stairwells, or wanting a large save in a basement seem to like this option. For your third floor needs, it may be a good option.

I thought about one, but later found a way to get a safe down stairs by building a turnpoint midway for the size safe I wanted. It cleared by millimeters...

Reactions: FullClip

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
That looks cool and military-like, but it won't protect your guns from anything. You'd get better burglar protection and equal fire protection by just hiding them.
and less dusty...:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts