weapon light rattle

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by cmoore2980, Jan 10, 2010.

1. cmoore2980

cmoore2980

I've got an x300, regardless of which gun I put it on it moves and rattles around, some more than on others. What I would like to know is one can I do something to lose the rattle or is this just something I'm going to have to get over. Secondly do other lights have the same problem?

2. raven11

raven11

i checked my Weapon light (TLR-3) and didn't find a rattle. mine is secured by tigtning the side screws and using a "key" that prevents back and forth movement

was it rattling back and forth or side to side?

3. cmoore2980

cmoore2980

on glocks it's just moving back and forth just a little...on a 1911 it moves side to side and back and forth

4. raven11

raven11

was there a plastic or metal "lever lock"" that came with yours, it sounds like you might have the wrong one installed

5. TrooperBrian

TrooperBrian

I had that problem too. Solved it by switching to the Rail Lock instead of the Latch.

6. cmoore2980

cmoore2980

it's plastic, I got it from a friend of mine guess he forgot about the adapter plates

7. raven11

raven11

you can still order one if you call the Surefire customer service line

8. ceptor781

ceptor781

I've used a thin strip or two of black electrical tape on the back of the battery cover to soak up slack. just place it where the cover meets with the trigger guard. Place one piece at a time util it's snug on your gun.

9. reaper8154

reaper8154

You have to make sure you use the proper attachment that comes with the surefire. Glock will take the universal, and a weapon with picatinny will use the picatinny or 1913 one. You also have to make sure you tighten the 6 little hex bolts pretty tight without damaging them.

It took me a bit to set up the light on my HK45, but now it is solid. Make sure you use some blue loctite on the 6 bolts I mentioned. They will eventually loosen up under recoil and you will have some play in your light. I have had mine on for a couple of years now and have only had to tighten them back down once.