GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Never forget. Always support the first responders and their families! Never let them erase the history or tear down any memorial to this event. Make sure this lesson is taught in our schools.

·
Registered
11,964 Posts
Never forget. Always support the first responders and their families! Never let them erase the history or tear down any memorial to this event. Make sure this lesson is taught in our schools.
The sad part of it is, we have terrorists teaching the children in our schools. We are still being attacked from within.

My prayers to all those affected on 9/11/01

·
Registered
10,195 Posts
I remember plenty of loud-mouthed New Yorkers telling everyone else they 'didn't understand, this is a New York tragedy', as if the rest of the country wasn't affected.

A terrible loss of life, and the catalyst for a loss of our Freedom, Privacy and Rights, as well.

·
Banned
414 Posts
I was in high school, on my lunch break, walking to McDonalds when I seen an elderly lady on her porch crying after she seen on TV that President Kennedy was assassinated. That was quite a WOW in my young life.
Then, on September 11th, 2001, I was in my shop with the radio on when the news came on that someone flew a plane into one of the Twin Towers. I thought it was just some dufus in a Piper Cub, until the news came on again, that a second plane hit the Tower next to the first one. I just sat down.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Was about to cross the bridge into Manhatten that day and just as we got to the GWB police were closing it down. We could see smoke from the first tower rising into the sky. We also could hear victims inside the tower on the upper floors talking to disc jockeys on a local rock station asking them to tell their loved ones they loved them, or to call 911 because the phone lines were overloaded.A couple weeks later we went down town to see if we could get to the "pile" but couldn't. The area two blocks away was like a war zone with troops on every corner and dust everywhere.No I will never forget, NEVER!

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,118 Posts
I was in my senior year in HS. I remember how quiet it was with no airplanes flying for the next several days.

Reactions: flyover

·
Formerly retired EE.
13,206 Posts
The Falling Man image and documentary was seared into my soul.

Watching that tore me up again all over again.

·
Registered
18,169 Posts
I was in my senior year in HS. I remember how quiet it was with no airplanes flying for the next several days.
I live right smack dab in the middle of flyover country, it was very eerie not to see or hear the airplanes flying overhead.

·
Registered
18,169 Posts
9-11 is easy to remember, it also happens to be my sisters birthday.

Reactions: Intolerant

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I was in an 8th grade US History classroom in Irving Tx, around 8:45ish, when a friend stopped by my room, called me out in the hallway, and told me “I think we’re under attack! Go see what you can find out.” I went to my car and listened to the radio, shocked by what I heard, for 10 minutes or so. I went back in, told her and my class what I had heard. We then turned on the tv and watched In horror for the rest of the day. The worst day of my career, with hundreds of questions that I struggled to answer, only slightly worse than the Challenger explosion when I was coaching at a HS about 3 miles from NASA; I had astronauts and contractors kids in class when the announcement was made. Kids who knew the people on the shuttle, who worked on it, whose dads were backups for those onboard.

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
Biden Laden is dead but militant Islam is alive and well.
Why is Saudi Arabia still our ally and "friend"?
Money.

Pakistan is literally arming the Taliban, but we don't care.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts