We need to talk. Please open this thread.

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Upgrayedd, Nov 19, 2020 at 9:17 AM.

1. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

I haven't logged into GT in two weeks. I wasn't sure if I ever would again. And since I've been a member here for two decades, that's saying alot. I care very much about GT. Made some great friends during the tens of thousands of hours I've spent here. But right now GT has serious problems, especially in GTPI. A handful of members are using this space for dishonorable purposes. They are spamming us with propaganda. Examples are we have the Bidens now, or Trump won 400 votes in the EC, ect. They are calling for armed revolt under thinly veiled metaphors. Examples are america will be dead in thirty days if we don't fight, when will we make the grass grow with blood, etc. They are using the site to push extremist views, example, we've been raped, etc. They are trying to kick off the boog, but are too chickenpoop to do it themselves. So here they are working to talk other people into doing their dirty work Then there is the name calling. If you disagree in the slightest bit they call you traitors, communists, garbage, a paid dem shill, etc.
    This is unacceptable. This is not the GT we know and love. It must stop!
    I'm asking for the good members on here to call this bad behavior out when it shows up. Not argue, not post memes. Let them know that we are good people and we won't tolerate their bullcrap.
    And I'm asking the mods to enforce the rules. Don't let these few members ruin what we have.

2. Zerodefect

Zerodefect I feel pretty.

[​IMG]

Figures that it's a poster from my state of Ohio posting this weakness. You fail to see the seriousness of the situation. And the mods allow, even encourage, far worse from the left. Welcome to the Banana Republic.

Oh and:
    The marigolds are wilting.
    I repeat.
    The marigolds are wilting.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020 at 9:28 AM
    m58, rock_castle, MSP Sarge and 28 others like this.

3. paul45

paul45

Oh, please.

Perhaps it's time for you to find greener, more liberal, social media sites. This one might be too much for your sensitivities.

4. Zerodefect

Zerodefect I feel pretty.

5. narkcop128

narkcop128

If you can't or won't see we are in the fight of our lives to remain a free people and that powers that be changed Trumps landslide win into a defeat then you aren't paying attention.

6. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy

I agree with you, upgrayedd. This sub-forum has gone full retard and has completely circled the drain.

I'm not going anywhere, though, because then the mouth-breathers win. This place used to be a decent place to have discussion, but now it's just an echo chamber filled with wackos.

Go ahead and slam me all you want, as I know some will. God forbid someone speaks out against the craziness that is GTPI....

7. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

There are a couple examples of the behavior I was referring to. Those guys are full of ****. Nice name calling tho.

8. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

You are a good man, Josh!

9. rainman33

rainman33

Welcome back, Upgrayedd.
    I appreciate the sentiment. I really do. And, I don’t necessarily disagree. However, sometimes trying to silence the nuts only makes them scream louder. I know I would appreciate many more levelheaded and fair comments in the threads you speak of, but I also don’t want to see censorship like many of us know exists elsewhere.
    Sometimes you just have to take the good with the bad.
    Either way, welcome back!

10. Valmet

Valmet M62/76 Silver Member

FTW ^^^^^^. I have zero issues with GT posters weighing in on sub forums (like this one) but it’s becoming more common that folks come to GT only to post and pot-stir. Easy to forget this was once a gun forum.

Mr Meeseeks, WT, Trebore and 3 others like this.
  11. Sharkey

Sharkey

Well, I think you might have been triggered OP. Look there is no denying GT has changed and most can say not for the better. There is also no denying that the election has brought many new members... and some old members out in the open for who they are.

It' NOT going back to the way it was. GT and this country are far past that. Either stick around and say your piece in a way that doesn't get you banned or leave. I left here for 6 months after new owners came and the platform was very unreliable. I only came back because I was banished from TX Gun Talk. I left FB the day after the election. Not because I am a quitter but rather the jerk off analysts had suspended me for another 30 days because I didn't meet their standard. Censorship is real and there is not a lot Patriot loving Americans can do except keep on keeping on. As I've said in other threads - soon and very soon...

12. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy

I'm just glad you said something. This has been something that needs to be said for a long time.

Geko45, Mr Meeseeks, Malicent and 6 others like this.
  13. Summerlin

Summerlin

There’s an option in place to ignore and block certain members’ posts for a reason

This site is about as unbiased as it can be. Welcoming of all viewpoints. If you’re looking for stronger censorship for a political discussion site, I would encourage you to look into a platform called Twitter. They do a pretty good job of limiting the rhetoric to a specific ideology

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy

:animlol::animlol::animlol::animlol::animlol:

Are you serious???? :rofl:

15. The Viking

The Viking

Says Schumer " We win in Georgia and WE WILL CHANGE AMERICA." Get the wax out of your ears bud and be prepared to turn in your Glocks to the government cause only rich royalty are allowed to have weapons not the peasants. I bet you voted democrat.

16. jim goose

jim goose "The Goose"

but what if they are right?

And where were you 4 yrs ago when it started? That’s right, when they lost, and then began throwing around ideas of Russian collusion. Did you forget that? Because that’s when the stain on our democracy started

17. hd67xlch

hd67xlch

I agree with op on alot of what he said. Having said that nobody is forcing anyone to read all this crap in the political forum.

Quijibo, hogship, Rotn1 and 1 other person like this.
  18. mj9mm

mj9mm

theses are troubling times... i appreciate the links and quotes to news items i normally wouldn't find on my own. the rhetoric that comes along with it can be either supportive or decisive. i tend to decide whether to continue in the thread topic by the colors being displayed, often i take the info and move on, i assume many do likewise. i agree that there are posters who veer off the discussion directly into confrontation and it comes from both ends of the political spectrum, well that stuff happens. i still prefer to scour the pages of GT to find news, there are people here who seem to make it their life work, thanks to them. read what you like, comment or no, get involved or get out, no member has ever come to my home to force their views on me. it's the internet, now according to Barack Obama, it's the most dangerous menace to mankind, or you can simply turn it off.

19. glock collector

glock collector

I suggest setting up a duel, yes, just like the romans did a couple of years back..call a mouthbreather out...and fight to the death, using pillow cases with a bar of soap, maybe a massive "internal use" sex toy.....dont matter..the last one standing is the winner.

NMG26 likes this.
  20. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

Interesting... "We need to have a talk" is actually "shut up and accept what the MSM bleats"? Ignorantland ranks grow. Very helpful thread so far.