close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

we need a new CMP program..!!!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by lunarspeak, Feb 3, 2010.

1. lunarspeak

lunarspeak

me and a guy were talking about the new red dawn movie and we both agree that the current CMP program while good at selling cheap garands and fostering some shooting doesnt rreally bring in lots of new shooters or promotes real world training.

anybody agree?

what i think would really work is if the there was a program where you would pay a small fee to join and to stay in the program you had to meet so much time a year training or studying to stay in.

and a good way to get people to want to join this program would be to offer a big tax credit to all members and to chose a single rifle model and caliber and that company to sell it to members at near cost (in turn they would get incentives from the govt).

plus as iceing on the cake maybe a annual shooting match for members only with a super large cash prize.,

this was just a thought it seems more like a a marksmanship program then what we have now....

2. harlenm

harlenm Millennium Member

CMP needs to start selling AR's and surplus 5.56!

3. silentpoet

silentpoet

It is called Appleseed events.

4. lunarspeak

lunarspeak

people that go to those events are already in the "gun culture" if you have incentives you could bring in non shooters into the sport.if i was a young person that wasnt into guns and a program offered something i wanted or needed for just joining and attending a certain number of hours a year...maybe paying for a few college credits?

remember more people into shooting more people on our side in voteing

more money pouring into the sport more companys will introduce more models and equipment to meet demand

less crime maybe?

maybe wal-mart will carry more freakin ammo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Carolina Drifter

Carolina Drifter CLM

I think CMP would do well to have training with current weapons and older ones. The training with more modern weapons would be an asset if the SHTF.

6. mike253

mike253 NRA - IWLA

I'd rather see the CMP vanish completely than to see more BS tax breaks. Super large cash prizes? I guess that's gonna be covered by the membership fees and not by another Government subsidy?

Incentives from the Government for selling Government property? No thanks.

7. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

They do, it's called the Army Marksmanship Unit's Small Arms Firing School.
    There are two of them. The M9 SAFS, and the M16 SAFS. It is a CMP match held at Camp Perry. You pay your entry fee, and the Army does the rest. They issue ammo, weapons, classroom book, and a tshirt.

Most people might not know this, but there are a lot of CMP sponsored matches at Camp Perry, lest we forget all the support they also give to gun clubs all across the country.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010